Pageviews l

Sunday 3 May 2020

Welcome May!

Happy Sunday everyone! May has started off on a good note, weather wise. The past two days have been quite nice, sunny, temperatures in the low 20s. We'll take it. I'm writing my blog outside while listening to good music. Russell is catching up on the latest vaccine developments and our pooches are having a nap by his feet. We have nothing to complain about. Yes, we miss seeing our family and friends, we miss planning a trip or a romantic getaway, we miss having a date lunch out somewhere. But we are healthy and safe and that's what matters. So many are not and our hearts go out to them.

This past week was good. Russell and I have been going out early in the morning for our fitness walk. It's the only time of day where Cooper & Spicy are left alone. They are getting really spoiled having us around all the time. That's OK. We love having them with us all the time too. I did one or maybe two (can't remember) workouts of my own in the basement. This coming week I plan on doing more, maybe, we'll see. I haven't quite felt like it lately and I don't beat myself up for not doing it. I'm being kind to myself. Nothing wrong with that. I have, however, been diligent in getting our doggies in tip top shape. I'm having fun with that doggie fitness program that I started last week. I will move on to week 2 sometime this week. Twenty minutes well spent, in my opinion, and both Spicy and Cooper seem to enjoy it. Why wouldn't they, they get tiny treats for every exercise they do! It's all good and fun.

I was remembering how our April calendar became totally empty of appointments once this COVID-19 thing started. Now I have to laugh as our May calendar is filled with either deliveries, video chats or video cocktail hours with friends and family. How times have changed in a blink of an eye. On that note, I had a lovely video cocktail hour with my friends Diane and Lise last Friday. We plan to make this a bi-weekly affair.

I continue to be pleased with both IGA and Provigo in terms of how they manage their online orders. Their time slots have improved greatly. Metro, not so much. IGA delivers to our house whereas Provigo is curb side pickup. I experienced my first pick-up last Friday, easy peasy. I've got this!

I haven't been to a garden centre yet only because I think it's a bit early but I hope that I can soon get my herbs for the Trug as well as some planters for the front yard and back deck. That is something I plan on doing in person...I will wear one of those artisanal masks that we have and will be good to go.

Russell decided it was time to feed the birds again. We used to feed them when we lived in Mississauga. We found a Nyjer feeder in the basement and ordered the seeds online. We put it up in the crabapple tree so that we can see the birds from either the kitchen window or the deck. It didn't take long for the chickadees and the finches to find it.  A beautiful thing to watch.

That's my blog for today. I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe. Have a good week everyone. Ca va bien aller.



My 'spotters' Cooper and Spicy as I do my workout.

Cooper is learning to pivot on a basket...
while Spicy looks on. Part of the Fun
Fit Canin program

First BBQ of the season and the taste testing
crew lined up and ready to nibble.

Spicy and Cooper know when it's supper time...first alfresco dinner

Peas in a pod....staying home, watching people




No comments:

Post a Comment