Pageviews l

Sunday 26 April 2020

Nova Scotia, in our hearts

One week ago, a senseless tragedy took place in Nova Scotia. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and the entire population of this beautiful province. No words can express how heartbreaking this tragedy is.

This past week was good. As the saying goes, all good in the hood. Our weather was nice for the most part but quite cool in the mornings. I found myself wearing my earmuffs for our morning walks on more than one occasion. We also noticed how the mist from the lake had formed some beautiful icicles around the trees. Very pretty. Those icicles are now gone as it was quite warm yesterday.

We made the decision to cancel our "Christmas in Barbados" trip. Like most people, we will stick around until it's safe to travel again. I also cancelled my gym membership. I don't think I will have it in me to go back to a gym until the threat of COVID-19 is gone. That's OK. I can live with that. Russell and I have enough discipline to maintain good fitness and mobility. It is not in our DNA to be couch potatoes so we will be just fine.

On the topic of fitness, last Wednesday, I had an hour long video conference with the instructor/owner of Fit Fun Canin to go over our pooches' fitness program. I was totally impressed. It is a four week program, 3-4 times per week, about 20 minutes each session. It may seem long but this is not your typical training program. Each week consists of 4 exercises, with a progression each week. It includes a warm up of about 4 minutes.....I warm up the toes, one by one, the paws, and the rest of the body by doing some slow spins and figure 8. There is also plenty of 30 second rest periods. This program is meant to work the overall core. I started with Cooper and will carry on with Spicy. Once we're done, then we will move on to another fitness level. I am very excited and Cooper seems to really enjoy it.

Last week also brought my first online grocery order, to be delivered on May 1. I had tried on many occasions to place an order but the time slots were always two weeks away. Then I thought, we can manage for two weeks without going to the grocery store. This order is with Provigo. I was concerned though about not having enough fresh produce until then so I tried another store, IGA, and sure enough was able to place a small order to be delivered tomorrow. If I do this right, between those two places, I will not have to go to the grocery store ever again LOL! For the time being, this will remove the anxiety that I was always feeling after going to the store. Works for me.

This week, maybe as early as tomorrow, our government will announce a gradual reopening of the economy. I have hope that I will be able to get my hair cut before my birthday in July.

I now have my first Netflix series under my belt, Wanted. Sadly I said goodbye to the two wonderful characters, Chelsea and Lola. Now on to the next series. We also had a number of video chats with some friends. Last night, on the spur of the moment, we chatted with Linda and Bob, then we called Pat. It was fun! This afternoon, I spoke with my sister and brother and later on I will be chatting with my good friend Eve. More video chats planned for this coming week.  Our calendar is actually getting quite busy!

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a wonderful week. Stay home, stay safe. Ca va bien aller.


A tribute to Nova Scotia, photo
courtesy of Len Wagg Photography.

Cooper and his fitness program developed by
Fit Fun Canin...Spicy will also get in on the action.

Nice ice formation on low branches on Lake St Louis...
it was a brisk morning walk on the Lakeshore Road.


You have heard of Where is Waldo...so, Spicy decided...
to hide...where is she?

Spicy and Cooper on guard during these
stay at home times...lots of walkers and
bicyclists to keep an eye on.

Stay home, stay safe and wear a mask when
out if you can not maintain the 6 foot
recommended distance...we like our
Buff masks...









No comments:

Post a Comment