Pageviews l

Sunday 17 May 2020

Happy 9th Birthday sweet Cooper

Hello everyone! I hope you're all enjoying a beautiful Sunday. Today is very special, it is our sweet boy Cooper's 9th birthday. It's hard to believe that he's already 9. He is a such a wonderful soul, with a personality larger than life. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.

This past week was good. On Monday, I had a telephone assessment with our physiotherapy clinic in order to determine the course of action for my knee.  It was quickly determined that I was a candidate for an "in person" visit however I chose to give the "telerehabilitation" a try. I was lucky to get an appointment for that same day, with the physiotherapist that took care of my shoulder. It was done using Zoom technology. Easy peasy. It lasted one hour. After a few visual tests, Michael determined that I was most likely suffering from an inflammation of the Medial Collateral Ligament. He gave me some stretching exercises and I have a follow up appointment this coming Tuesday. I was very pleased to be able to deal with this issue in such a timely manner. He also recommended the use of a stationary bicycle as an exercise.....we didn't have one then but we have one now. It came on Friday. As I often say, things happen for a reason. We now have a good exercise machine that we will both be able to use moving forward.

On Wednesday, I went to the garden centre to check out the herbs. I bought some then and the balance on Friday. The Trug is now planted. I also found two nice geranium planters for our deck. This week, I will look for two planters for the front of the house. During these COVID times, going to the garden centre is a bit different. One way in, one way out and they only let so many people in at once. Overall it was not a bad experience. We were not rushed, we could browse and take our time. Most people wore masks. I did and I do all the time now when I go out. The way of life for a while it seems.

Our weather was not too bad last week but this week promises to be beautiful, nothing but sunshine and warmer temperatures. Hopefully this weather is here to stay.

That's my blog for this week. I leave you with a few photos of Cooper's birthday and the cake that I baked, first time ever. It turned out pretty good (and no, Cooper didn't eat the whole cake, hardly any actually). Coop was more than happy to share with his partner in crime Spicy. Have a great week everyone! Stay well, stay safe. Ca va bien aller! Another big shout out for the Coop!


Cooper took the time to pose for this photo...he was
anxious to get into the cake that I baked.

Cooper was quick to give everything a lick, it all met
with his approval!

Cooper always shares with Spicy and she also loved
the cake.

Nothing says Happy Birthday like a
home baked carrot cake with a cream cheese
peanut butter icing.

Do you have tight muscles and stiff tendons...
try a rolling pin - roll the affected areas gently,
as prescribed by my physiotherapist.

The Schwinn AirDyne bike ready to help us get some
cardio and gentle muscle/joint rehab.






No comments:

Post a Comment