Pageviews l

Sunday 24 May 2020

Gatherings

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful day here in Beaconsfield, sunny and quite warm. We've had nothing but sunshine since last Saturday. I heard some rain tomorrow, and it will be welcome. Our plants need it. This rain will be followed by our first heat wave of the season. I think that Summer has arrived!

This past week was good. We did a bit of gardening, I bought our front planters and our VegTrug is thriving. I've used many of the herbs already. I have a feeling that I will have to replenish those herbs half-way through Summer but that's OK. My favorite herb is cilantro, so fresh and delicious. Our grass is growing nicely, so much so that Russell had to cut it twice this past week. He loves his new lawnmower!

My knee continues to improve nicely. I'm so happy I decided to give this "telerehabilitation" a try. I had a follow up session last Tuesday. I'm now able to do step ups and mini squats. We also love our new stationary bike. We've used it four times this past week, nice and smooth on the knees. Cooper & Spicy love watching me ride the bike. At first, they seemed a little puzzled by the sound of the fly wheel. Then they thought, it's OK, so let's just nap while mommy is exercising.

Quebec is now allowing gatherings of up to 10 people, from a maximum of three households. Physical distancing must be respected and those gatherings must be outdoors. We had our first gathering last week with Melissa, our friend and Russell's personal trainer. We had our second one today with my brother, sister and our two nephews....two households. As you can see in the photo, the 2 meter was well respected. Russell, our pooches and I had the best seats in the house, our deck. It worked out just fine. I put all the drinks in a cooler for everyone to help themselves. My sister brought foldable chairs, which we don't have, thankful for that. We kept Cooper & Spicy on the deck with us....easier to manage physical distancing that way. People get excited around dogs, dogs get excited around people, we get that. This excitement can lead to compromised distancing. So we do what we have to do to keep everyone safe. Bottom line, it was nice to see everyone face to face, even at a distance. Oh, and we prefer to use the term "physical" distancing rather than social. We want nothing more than to be social, always respecting the 2 meter distance.

Last Thursday, we had a wonderful video chat with two staff members from our hotel in Barbados. It was really nice to talk to them. We are like family to them. They miss us, we miss them. We will be back one day.

I want to say a huge thank you to my wonderful husband who has been keeping our doggies in tip top shape throughout this pandemic. Both Cooper & Spicy have had two baths so far,  daily teeth brushing and grooming, regular nail, bums, pads and feet trimmings. I am grateful, so are our pooches. On that topic, hair salons will reopen June 1 except in the Montreal area, of which we are part of. I have resorted to wearing a head band. A new style, why not!

That's my blog for today.  I wish you all a great week. Most importantly, I wish you continued strength during this pandemic. We will get through this if we all do our part. Ca va bien aller.


Our backyard family gathering with proper physical
distancing...nice to see everyone.

The VegTrug is in full growth mode and has already
giving us some herbs.

Spicy loves the cool grass under her paws, she doesn't
like it when the grass is too long...such a princess.

Cooper loves the lawn as well...his preference is to
scratch and kick grass everywhere.

My spotters as I use the AirDyne stationary
bike in the basement.












No comments:

Post a Comment