Pageviews l

Sunday 10 May 2020

Celebrating Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Many of you will not get to see your children or grandchildren today but I hope you can celebrate with them in your own virtual way. I also send my Mother's Day wishes to all the pet moms, a special day for all of us. Russell and I are also thinking about our own mothers who have left us but are always in our hearts.

This past week was a good one. I managed to go to a garden centre and got a few planters filled with beautiful pansies. They are in our VegTrug now, protected from the cold nights that we've been getting. While at the garden centre, I also bought two bags of organic vegetable soil for the Trug. I removed some of the old soil, put in the new one and it's now ready for planting herbs in a few weeks.

It's been rather cold for the past few days. On Friday, we even had a brief period of snow. Yikes! Having said this, last week also brought a few nicer days and we took advantage of it by sitting on the deck almost every afternoon. When I'm out on the deck, I'm not inside watching my new favorite Netflix series, Suits. My rule about Netflix, I only watch it in the house, not outside. Suits is actually quite good, funny with a bit of intrigue. I laugh when I think back about our Scotland train journey, and the fact that we spent five days with "Harvey Specter" and his family...never knew who they were then!

Last Thursday, we had a video chat with Roland, our former neighbour from Mississauga. We kept in touch with him when we moved to Huntsville. He lost his wife two years ago and we have always remained in contact. He so looks forward to our bi-weekly chats. It is rather nice. Russell also had a wonderful telephone call with the very first boss he ever had, Jim, some 39 years ago. They have kept in touch over the years so it was really great for the two to speak live.

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. I am truly enjoying helping them get fit with this doggie fitness program. This past week, they got to work on their balance by standing on their hind legs on the floor, with one front paw on an elevated platform and the other paw sitting in the palm of my hand...for five seconds. Repeat with other leg. Five repetitions, 3 sets, 30 second rest between sets. Good doggies. They must think their mommy is crazy!

Russell and I are doing good. Despite the fact that we don't go anywhere per se, our days go by very quickly.  Like most people, we have our ups and downs, more ups than downs though. Sometimes we just can't help but think about this COVID-19 virus and wonder how it will all unfold in the end. One day at a time I suppose. Today, I had a video chat with my brother and sister. If the weather is nice in June, we may just have a gathering in our backyard, keeping social distancing of course. It would be nice to see them face to face, even at a distance.

My left knee is giving me grief right now. It's been hurting for a few weeks but for some reason, it got incredibly worse during the night Friday. Yesterday morning, I gave in and decided to take an Advil, and I'm not a pill taker. I was even surprised to see that we had some in the house, expired last month but are still providing relief.  I also decided to take advantage of this "telerehabilitation" that our physiotherapy clinic is offering at the moment. I will have a telephone consultation tomorrow morning, which will be followed by virtual physio treatment. I hope it helps. My mobility has been greatly affected by this and I am not a happy camper....neither is my mental health. So, in these COVID days, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not a big deal compared to what many are going through right now. Having said this, life goes on and we must continue to take care of ourselves and our health.

That's my blog for today. I truly hope that all the moms are having a wonderful day. I know I am,  with my wonderful husband and our two beautiful kids...who happen to have paws. Stay safe, stay well. Ca va bien aller. Hugs to all!


Happy Mothers Day! My kids and a splash of
pansy colour in our backyard.

The pansy pots are well protected from the frosty nights
in the VegTrug!

A calm Lake St. Louis on our morning walk along the
Lakeshore Road in Beaconsfield.

A brief snow squall...that is May weather for you.

Cooper working his core - balancing on
the BOSU with one paw up.
Spicy working her core as well, well done!




No comments:

Post a Comment