Pageviews l

Sunday 31 May 2020

Five weeks and counting

Happy Sunday everyone! It is a very coolish and windy day, almost feels like Fall. Quite a contrast with the hot weather we had last week.

Our province is progressively reopening. Tomorrow will be a big day for many stores, health professionals, groomers and hair/beauty salons (outside of the Montreal region). On Friday, we got the news that beauty salons in the Montreal area will reopen on June 15. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my hair dresser asking when I wanted to get my hair cut. I chose July 7, in five weeks. I could have had an appointment sooner but I decided to get a nice cut closer to my birthday. So, five weeks and counting. I normally get my hair cut every four weeks. .July 7 will be the 16th week. It will be high time and I am so excited!

This past week was good although very hot, but I'm not complaining. I truly enjoy the hot weather especially if I can enjoy it in the shade. We didn't walk much with the dogs but we found ways to keep them occupied. On that note, I now find myself with a lot of pokers in the fire as far as dog fun/training goes. I received the Cavaletti that I ordered so we can now do fun stuff in the backyard. I will be combining this with some rally moves. Thanks to Wanda for sending me some ideas! I also have their fitness program to work with as well as the online "Home School the Dog" program that I subscribed too (thank you Scruffy for recommending). Lots to keep them busy and challenged throughout the day, a little bit at a time, rain or shine.

Russell and I are doing good. We seem to be in a groove now with our routine, if I can call it that. Our lives have become much less regimented since the start of COVID. We have no appointments, no gym classes, no dog therapy visits, nothing to keep us on a schedule. Sure we miss a lot of these activities but we don't have them so we are choosing to embrace this relaxing, less stressful time. One of my favorite time of day now is in the afternoon, when I sit on the deck with a good book while Russell, Cooper & Spicy have a nap. It has become something that I really look forward to, some "me time".

We continue to video chat with friends. Last week, I had my bi-weekly chat with Diane & Lise. We start by raising a glass to our good health then we just chat away for an hour or so. Last Thursday, we also had our bi-weekly chat with Roland, our former Mississauga neighbour. These are difficult times for everyone, no matter how each person feels about the situation. It is good to reach out to people.

A quiet day for us today. I spent the better part of the morning watching the docking of Space X Crew Dragon with ISS. I am totally fascinated by everything that has to do with space. I watched the lift off yesterday and was glued to my chair. Maybe I should have been an astronaut.

Today would have been Russell's parents' 68th wedding anniversary. They are always in our hearts and we think of them always.

That's my blog for today. I hope you enjoy the outdoor photos that Russell took. Tomorrow is June 1. Can you believe it! I wish you all a great week. Stay well. Ca va bien aller.


The front garden bed in full bloom, Japanese cut leaf maple
to the left. It's never looked better!

Vibrant pink phlox in the front bed.

The Jack Frost with their tiny blue flowers...stunning.

The backyard crabapple has long suffered from fungus and
yet it still manages a few blossoms...not the full tree but
in these times a splash of colour is a good sign.

Cooper loves a challenge and these Cavaletti are just
the trick...he clears them with ease.

Not to be outdone, Spicy shows her skills and clears the
hurdles with room to spare...higher next time please?

Our backyard refuge complete with dining and lounging areas,
umbrellas and just in case a patio heater.









1 comment:

  1. Your gardens look like they have been enjoying our cooler Spring Temps.
    Love seeing the flying pooches.

    ReplyDelete