Pageviews l

Sunday 7 June 2020

A busy Sunday

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a good week. Ours was good and somewhat busy. I'm amazed at how fast our weeks fly by despite the fact that we don't really go anywhere. The days just seem to come and go in the blink of an eye.

Although we had a good week, we felt this incredible sadness following the tragic and senseless death of George Floyd, not to mention the unrest it has brought to the world. We need to be in a better place, now more than ever.

Russell and I are doing good. We're keeping up with our exercise routine. Russell keeps reading about potential vaccines and treatments. He is optimistic and keeps our hopes up that eventually we will be able to travel again. Without a vaccine, we won't so let's continue to keep our fingers crossed.

Last week, I started "designing" some agility/rally courses for Cooper & Spicy. I'm having fun with that. Our VegTrug is out of control, the basil and cilantro taking over everything. The photo below was taken last Monday. Today, the cilantro is even bigger. I will need to start making a huge dent in it, then I will replenish in 3-4 weeks time.

On Friday, we got a nice little package containing beautiful masks made by Anne Bergen, a friend and former co-worker. She has been making those since April. It is Anne's way to help and to keep her family, friends and front-line workers safe. They are beautiful, colourful and most importantly very comfortable and snug. When I think back at the beginning of the COVID crisis, I was not wearing a mask. I think part of me was in denial about what was happening and I felt that wearing a mask would make this COVID thing more real. I am now proud to wear a mask when I go out.  It's not about living in fear, it's about protecting ourselves and others. Thank you Anne for providing us with those cute accessories!

Yesterday was bath day for our two pooches. Once again, Russell did a wonderful job. It is quite time consuming, one hour for Spicy and 1 3/4 hours for Cooper. The bath and blow dry event comes with paws, feet and bum trims. Oh, and a few treats along the way! The nails and ears are done on a regular basis. Teeth are done daily. Well done Russell!

We spent most of this morning and early afternoon doing yard work. I topped up our flower beds with 12 - 3 cubic feet bags of black mulch. Russell cut the grass, trimmed a few trees and put down top soil and grass seed on a patch of our front lawn. We also went for a walk with our doggies.

Those are my little news for this week. Tomorrow will mark my dad's birthday. He would have been 87 years old. We think of him always and miss him every day. I wish you all a great week. Stay well, stay healthy. Ca va bien aller.
Spicy and Cooper on a small break during our walk at
Park Alexandre-Bourgeau.

A tree swallow nest part of the Pointe
Claire biodiversity program.

Spicy post tub time...snuggled in her pink
towel and ready to be dried.

Cooper was next in the tub and on to the
grooming table to be blown dry.

Always on alert, this time on the back deck...
must be squirrels.

The VegTrug in full growth mode with basil, cilantro and
chives not to mention parsley, thyme and rosemary.

The backyard course set up for Cooper and
Spicy...they love the jumps and obstacles.


Modelling our new masks made by my friend. We love the fit, comfort, style and, bonus...
no fogging up my glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment