Pageviews l

Sunday 3 March 2019

Hello March!

Happy first Sunday of March everyone! I can't believe that the first two months of the year are behind us. As much as I'm happy to have the bulk of Winter behind us (yes, I'm optimistic), I wish that time would slow down just a little.

This past week was good. Russell's new knee continues to perform the way it should. He had two private physiotherapy sessions last week and he can see a difference already in his range of motion. Having said this, the intensity of the treatments is causing, shall we say, some discomfort, but "no pain no gain" as the saying goes. Russell has two sessions per week booked for the next four weeks. On Wednesday, we see the surgeon....I say "we" as I'm tagging along. We are a team after all. All things being equal, Russell will be given the go ahead to drive, although on Friday, I "let him" drive to the physio clinic. There were no issues but Russell did notice that his new knee is not used to the driving motion so he is working on it.

On Tuesday, Cooper and I had a really fun Obedience Class. We did a rally course, our second time I think, but this one included some novice and advanced signs. We did quite well and, most importantly, we had fun. Today, instead of going for a walk, I practiced some of the things we learned last week, with both Cooper and Spicy. A fun afternoon.

Our weather this past week was beautiful, nothing but sunshine but on the cold side. Other than a few sprinkles of snow tonight, there is lots of sunshine again for this coming week. The temperatures are still on the cooler side but that sun is getting really warm.

On Saturday, I ran a few errands and picked up some new treats that I had ordered for our pooches...Crunchy O's, grain-free, made by Fromm. They come in three flavours: Cheese, Blueberry and Pumpkin. Only two calories per treat....and they look like Cheerios, with a hole in the middle. Oh boy, they were a total hit! We often use plain Cheerios as treats. I always use those when Spicy and I visit the seniors. It is a treat that doesn't smell and they are easy to give out.

Not much else is going on with us other than in six weeks, we will be leaving for Barbados. We are looking forward to it. It will be good to get away.  Russell is excited at the prospect of walking on those sandy beaches with a new knee. I'm excited just to go away and do nothing for two weeks.

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. For many, it is March break so enjoy whatever you are doing!


Cooper and Spicy very patiently pose with their new treats...
Fromm Crunchy O's...Cooper loves the Blueberry, Spicy the
Cheese and the Pumpkin and..well they both
love all of them!
Cooper at station 1 on the Rally Fun Obedience course...
Cooper and I had a blast!

Station 10...looks complicated but we mastered it...
Cooper is a smart boy and loves to perform.


The entire Rally course is impressive and a stimulating
challenge for everyone involved, humans and canines


How do you spell dog tired...try Havanese Conga line...
Spicy and Cooper like to spread out.


The mounds of snow in the backyard make a perfect vantage
point to checkout the action on the street...Cooper and Spicy
take full advantage of their light weight to mount the banks. 
















1 comment: