Pageviews l

Sunday 17 March 2019

Happy St-Paddy's Day!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. This week will mark the arrival of Spring, how good is that! It doesn't matter if we get more wintery weather, we know it will end soon.

All is good with us. Russell is doing extremely well. It's a little over eight weeks since he had his knee replacement surgery and it's almost a thing of the past now. This past week has brought progress by leaps and bounds. We were actually reflecting on that this morning. Russell saw his surgeon last week and all is excellent. He sure is happy to have had this surgery, no regrets.

This past week was busy, as it's been lately. We seem to have a knack for filling up our schedule with all kinds of stuff. That's OK. In about four weeks time, we'll be in Barbados and our time there will be very relaxing.

Last Thursday, I had my very first pedicure. Ever since that day, I've been asking myself why did I wait so long to have one? It was blissful in every way. My feet thoroughly enjoyed it and so did I. I'm addicted, what can I say. I already booked the next pedi, which will be just before we go away. I can hardly wait!

Last Friday brought a full day of Spring. Our temperature was up to 11 Celsius, I was out with the doggies in a t-shirt. It felt so good...but the rapid meltdown made for a very wet backyard. Such is life. We can' have it all. I snapped a few photos of Cooper and Spicy prior to that meltdown. They were enjoying walking on the snowbanks...those are halfway gone now.

This past week also brought some very sad news from New Zealand. Such a terrible and senseless tragedy. I woke up this morning thinking about it. I also was thinking that, during those difficult times, Russell and I feel so blessed to have Cooper and Spicy in our lives to make the bad go away in a doggie way. They make every day special. On that note, you have no idea how excited I was when I found the "Irish" fascinator for Spicy. I had been looking for a little something for their St-Patrick's Day photo. We already had the bow tie for Cooper. You see, when I do something like this, I forget about the not so good things that are going on and it's a good thing.

That's my blog for today. Although it's St-Patrick's Day, we are having Greek food tonight. Go figure. My brother is here for his birthday dinner, Greek he wanted. A typical mezze platter as an appetizer and a moussaka for the main course, all home made. Yum and Yummer. BUT....we have a Guinness Cake for dessert. It's all good.

Have a good week everyone!



Spicy in her fascinator and Cooper with his bow tie...
wish everyone Happy St Patrick's Day!

Cooper is very dapper with his emerald green bow tie!

Spicy loves her fascinator...she is so trendy!

Cooper loves the hard packed snow mounds.

New places to explore...Spicy and Cooper in their element...
unmarked territory.

Cooper says....did you sniff this Spicy...it is fresh.

What could be better than a Guinness
spice cake with green glaze to celebrate
Saint Patricks Day!


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing the pooches in their green gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great article and you make this data fascinating and locks in..,then End of lease cleaning Services Adelaide | End of lease cleaning services in Adelaide you give peruses a great deal to consider and I welcome that sort of composing.

    ReplyDelete