Pageviews l

Sunday 24 February 2019

Oscar Night

Happy Sunday everyone! Oscar night, for those who are interested. Me, I'm only interested in watching the stars hit the red carpet, just for fun. Many of them will have spent the past few days detoxing, wrapped in some kind of contraption to eliminate the excess fat that they think they have so that they can fit in their clothes, last minute botox, all that good stuff that make them look too good. Fake as I call it. To each his own. I'm writing my blog, wearing my leggings and a cozy top and I am so comfy!

This past week was good. Russell continues to improve.  He no longer uses his cane. Since last Friday, he is now doing the stairs the normal way, as opposed to one step at a time. Although he has one more in-home physio session this coming Friday, Russell will start private physiotherapy in the next few days. The private treatments will focus more on increased range of motion and manual therapy. I will drive him for the first couple of sessions until he gets the go ahead to drive from his surgeon, in about 10 days. The spasms are still an issue but are much less frequent. Russell actually spoke to his surgeon last week and he said it is totally normal. The pain meds are a thing of the past except for the odd one from time to time. This is not to say that there is no more pain. There is still some pain that never completely goes away but it is manageable. One day, that too will be a thing of the past. Next on Russell's agenda: regain his cardio strength. He will go back to the gym once he can drive again. It's all coming together.

As for me, I'm good. I went to the gym four times last week. It felt good. I'm back on track although I find my energy level is a bit off but I do the best I can. Doing something is better than doing nothing.

Our weather continues to be crazy. It is what it is. I will say though that the few mild days that we had last week gave me the opportunity to chip away the thick layer of ice that we had on our front walkway. It's nice to finally be able to see the pavers.

Our pooches are doing good. I haven't walked as often with them lately due to the icy conditions. Instead, I've had some fun play sessions. Today, we played "target" and the "find it" game. They both enjoyed it.

That's my blog for today. Next blog will be in March! Have a great week everyone!


Spicy and Cooper say, "Woof...who is at the door?".

Nothing like a good chew between sessions of retrieve.

Spicy says...mine...these are all mine! This happens each time
fresh enzymatic dental chews are put out...talk about hoarding.

Cooper is a frisky guy with his chews on the
bed...he loves to romp!

Spicy looking pretty for her visit at a
seniors residence. She loves her time spent
as a therapy dog.

A Havanese "Wall", Macey, Blu-Belle and Cooper are lined
up for treats from Lillian during Fun Obedience.

An aerial view of Spicy and Cooper living the
sweet life.



1 comment:

  1. Love the smile on Spice's face in the 'therapy' photo.

    ReplyDelete