Pageviews l

Sunday 24 March 2019

Hello Spring!

Happy First Sunday of Spring everyone! It's starting to feel like Spring, the snow is melting rapidly, we have grass patches in the backyard, it's all good!

Russell and I are getting ready for Barbados, mentally. In just a little over two weeks, we will be dipping our toes in the ocean. In the next week or so, I will start freshening up the shorts and t-shirts. I bought the sunscreen and other essentials for the trip. Russell got himself a big straw fishing hat. It has some UV protection and looks kind of cool on him. I'll have to take a photo. I got myself some new sandals, comfortable, not "granny" looking but comfortable with a nice heel. I can't wear high heels anymore. Those days are done. I believe in comfort first, fashion second. If I can have both, than it's a bonus.

On the topic of trips, we were busy last week booking our trip to Scotland and Ireland for this coming Fall. We originally planned on going in 2020 but then thought "why put off till tomorrow what we can do today".  We will visit Scotland by train, on the Belmond Royal Scotsman. From there, we will go to Ireland and spend a good amount of time between Dublin and Cork. Thanks to our friend Pat Murphy for helping us with our preliminary plans. The various hotels, flights and trains are booked. Next is to plan the day trips. We will look for more advice from Pat and also Patricia and Mike, who have been to Ireland many times. More on that in the months to come. It will be a trip to remember, fitting for Russell's 65th birthday in 2020.

Russell continues to do well on all fronts, following his knee replacement surgery. He is amazed by the fact that he no longer has the constant knee pain that he had prior to the surgery. Whatever discomfort he now has is resulting from the workouts, physio and the rebuilding of the muscles surrounding the knee. As for me, I'm good also. I've been going to the gym four times a week for the past few weeks. It feels good.

Cooper and Spicy are also doing great and look forward to their vacation at Camp Talemaker in a few weeks. Coop and I had a fun training session last Tuesday. Spicy and I had a great visit at the Wellesley Retirement Home.

Yesterday, we watched Bohemian Rhapsody. Wow, what an amazing movie! Today,  I helped with a Dog Therapy Evaluation for Caring Paws. I always enjoy volunteering for the evaluations and watching how the dogs do. To think that one year ago, Spicy and I were being evaluated for the program. We certainly enjoy bringing smiles to the people we visit.

That's a wrap for today. I wish you all a great week!


Spicy and Cooper found the first patch of grass in the backyard,
not sure how they feel about it...let the muck begin...
snowballs on paws are very much overrated.

Nothing like sprawling out to watch a good movie...Spicy
and Cooper seem to enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody LOL!

Spicy enjoys her spot on the sofa - a
morning ritual...breakfast and a nap.

Spicy on her blanket, fireside at the
Wellesley Retirement Residence...
she loves her seniors visits.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy seeing pictures of Spicy & Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect this article for the well-examined content and fantastic wording. I got so Bond cleaning Southern suburbs | End of lease cleaning Western suburbs | Bond cleaning Western suburbs engaged with this material that I couldn't quit perusing. I am dazzled with your work and aptitude. Much obliged to you to such an extent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly valuable data extraordinarily the end part. I keep up such data much. I Bond cleaning Adelaide | End of lease cleaning Services was once looking for this particular data for quite a while, an abundance of thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate how this article was created. It is really more on ideas and information, keep it up! - tree services Toongabbie

    ReplyDelete