Pageviews l

Sunday 31 March 2019

Welcome April!

Happy Sunday everyone! A cloudy day, a bit cool, with some rain this morning but sunshine for the rest of the week and warmer temperatures. Tomorrow is the start of a brand new month....which means we go to Barbados in 11 days. We're getting excited. It's been a long Winter, seemed even longer due to Russell's knee surgery but it's behind us now.

This past week was good and busy. For me, my week started with a 2000 meter row challenge at Orange Theory on Monday. I knew about this challenge and was dreading it but I did quite well for a Monday morning. It took me 8 minutes and 41 seconds. We were told that we should be able to do it under 10 minutes although 7 minutes or so seems to be the average time. Perhaps a goal for next time?

Russell also went back to the gym on Monday, first time since his surgery. He felt good about it and doesn't seem to have lost his stamina. He continues his twice weekly physio sessions.  He got some good advice about what to do in Barbados...walking the beach will be good but in moderation due to the uneven surface. Swimming will also be good but he needs to be mindful of the scar so it doesn't get too soft. Little tips to keep in mind.

On Tuesday, the Coop and I had a fun training session. We practiced  something new called "directed jumping". There were two obstacles set up and Cooper had to jump over a specific one based on my signal. Not as easy as it sounds, trust me. It was fun .... and Peter, the trainer who was replacing Wanda that week, said she would be impressed LOL!

Friday, Russell and I decided to take advantage of the mild weather and chip away the ice on the patio. We couldn't believe how thick the ice was. We have lots of outdoor cleanup to do, hopefully before we go away. I'm hoping that next weekend will truly bring warm temperatures so that we can hose down the driveway, remove the covers on some trees and maybe set up the deck with the table and chairs.

Today, we had Russell's aunt over for lunch. It was nice to see Auntie Lorraine again. She looks good and the doggies were happy to see her.

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. Watch your back tomorrow, you never know what April 1 will bring!


Auntie Lorraine with Spicy and Russell with Cooper...
a nice lunch and visit.

Cooper ready for action at the Fun Obedience training
session.

Two happy faces...waiting for Auntie Lorraine.

Spicy eyeing the chopped eggs on the counter top,
smells like something good.

Partners in crime...the kitchen is the place to hang out.

Snug as a bug in a rug.....that is how Spicy rolls.




2 comments:

  1. Be careful with the yard and deck clean up, you want to be healthy for your trip in 11 days. Love the partners in crime photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome this article for the well-analyzed substance and wonderful wording...I amBond cleaning Adelaide | End of lease cleaning Services related with your site thanks!I had a great time it so much and thank you for an extraordinary article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete