Pageviews l

Sunday 30 September 2018

Welcome October!

Happy Sunday everyone! Here we are, on the eve of a brand new month. It's been a nice Fall so far, not too cold, not too rainy.  The leaves are starting to change on the maples but that's about it. I think it will be a while before we see lots of colours.  Our weather today is grey and a bit cool. The past few days though were picture perfect for Fall, sunny and just warm enough. Our patio heater has really come in handy. We put it on towards the end of the day and it takes the chill off.  Our doggies like it a lot.

Spicy and I had a our first "solo" visit at the Wellesley's retirement home last Monday. It was a full house! We are getting the "hang of it" while learning as we go. Spicy's "personalized" vest arrived last Thursday. Today, we got our certificate, which we will frame. I actually attended a dog therapy evaluation this afternoon, as a volunteer, the second time this month. Caring Paws Animal Therapy Program is getting lots of requests for evaluation. Very nice!

It's been a quiet week for us but this coming week will be somewhat busy. Tomorrow, my brother leaves for Iceland. He's looking forward to this trip and got many tips from us. Tuesday, Russell will meet with the orthopaedic surgeon about his knee. I will be going with him. It is in Montreal, somewhere on Cotes-des-Neiges. We will have to leave early in the morning, with traffic and all. We plan on taking a cab. I hear that parking in that area is near impossible...and with all the construction that's going on, we think the cab driver will know the way around better than us. We both look forward to finding out what the "knee outcome" will be.

On Wednesday, I am going to a new hairdresser.... I decided not to go back to the one I tried 5 weeks ago for various reasons. Instead, I will go to the one a friend from training school recommended. Eveline has been going to this guy for many years so...hoping this is the one!

I will spend the rest of the week getting ready for Thanksgiving weekend. Wow, how can it be that time of year already! Russell and I will have our own celebration on Saturday. My brother, sister and two nephews will come over on Sunday. Lots of cooking on the horizon.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few pics of Spicy and her "vest", a few pics of the Coop (of course, can't leave him out) and a photo of a hawk that Russell captured as I was leaving this afternoon.

Have a great week everyone!

Spicy sporting her new Caring Paws therapy dog vest.

Spicy says, hey look at me...I'm a Caring Paws therapy
dog and a cute one!

Meet the new Caring Paws team, Anne & Spicy

Sometimes you just have to take a nap...Cooper is a
champion napper. So soothing to watch.

Look into my eyes....Cooper casts his spell.

It's still BBQ season... let's line up for salmon licking...Cooper and
Spicy living the dogs life!

Sharp shin hawk on the lines in front of our house.



1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy the doggie photos, Spicy looks so official and beautiful. Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead. I hope you get positive news about Russell's knee.

    ReplyDelete