Pageviews l

Sunday 7 October 2018

Thanksgiving Wishes!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. For us, this holiday is about being grateful for what we have today, despite what curveballs life can throw at us. Living in the moment, one day at a time.

Today, we had my brother, sister and two nephews (James and Sean) and Sean's girlfriend, Sandrine, over for lunch. It was a nice family reunion. My brother got back from Iceland on Friday so he had lots to talk about. Cooper & Spicy were delighted to see everyone. I made lasagna, salad and garlic bread. For dessert, an apple sauce cake and a chocolate oatmeal cake (old family recipe). Everyone enjoyed themselves.

This morning, we went to the cemetery to visit Russell's parents grave. His mom left us five years ago today. She is always in our thoughts. We also visited my parents, same cemetery, just a "block" away. It was nice to just say "hi" to them. As we were looking at their tombstone, I noticed a small lava rock laying against the stone that my brother brought back from Iceland. That was his way to say "hey, mom and dad, I finally went to Iceland". The Fall Mums that my sister bought a while ago were still beautiful.

Last night, I cooked a big turkey just for the two of us....and the doggies. It was delicious and so moist. We have lots of leftovers and I will make a broth with the bones. Cooper & Spicy had a little taste and thought it was quite yummy.

This past week was good and busy. On Tuesday, Russell met with the surgeon and the verdict is in:  he is now on the waitlist for a total knee replacement (TKR). The wait is about four months so the surgeon said February. A new knee for Russell's birthday maybe?  We hope so. All things being equal, he should be good for Barbados mid-April. But, one day at a time.

On Wednesday, I went to a new hairdresser, the one referred to me by Eveline, and I think he's a winner. I was very pleased with the haircut. I will go back to him for sure in about four weeks time.

Other than that, all is good. Tomorrow, Spicy & I will go to the Wellesley to spread our Thanksgiving wishes to the residents. The rest of the week will be relatively quiet. The weather is supposed to be warm. I will start prepping the flower beds for Winter.

That's my Thanksgiving blog. I wish you all a great week!


Cooper and Spicy...always make us smile....thankful for that
Happy Thanksgiving.

Cooper & Spicy caught looking the wrong way...the turkey
is on the counter, silly dogs.

Cooper says to Spicy, look, it's up here...
smells so good!

Our family wishes your family Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your family portrait. Cooper and Spicy look so content sitting with you.

    ReplyDelete