Pageviews l

Sunday 16 September 2018

Last blog of Summer

Happy Sunday everyone! Wow, another hot Summer day. I hear that Fall is just around the corner, as far as the calendar is concerned. What an incredible Summer it's been. Just love it!

All is good with us. Our week was good, although a bit busy for me. On Monday, Spicy and I visited the Wellesley retirement home in Pointe-Claire.  It was a very nice visit and we met lovely people. We will be going there every second Monday. On Friday, we went to the Maywood and had another wonderful visit. This time, there were two therapy dogs, Spicy and Cally, a Portuguese Waterdog. We met many people who truly enjoyed the company of both dogs. We were hoping to see Auntie Lorraine, Russell's aunt who lives there. Maybe next time. We will be going to the Maywood once a month. It's all good. The Spice girl and I make a good team.

On Wednesday, Spicy had her first Obedience class, Level 2. She did really well. She is one of the smallest dogs in the class but that didn't bother her. She can hold her own. Here's a little "it's a small doggie world" story. One of the big dogs in her class is a white Standard Poodle, Dexter. His owner is a lovely young lady and her mom was there to watch. When the class ended, the mom (her name is Anne-Marie) asked if Spicy was a Havanese. I said yes, she said she also has one. I asked where did you get yours? She said...... Talemaker Havanese. Her puppy is Bo, Saffron's little girl, Spicy's granddaughter. She got her last May. Isn't that incredible? It is a small doggie world indeed!

Cooper and I didn't start training as planned. It turns out that we got added to the Fun Obedience "advanced" class which was our first pick. We start this coming Tuesday. It will be fun and even more so because many of the doggies in last year's class are returning this year....amongst those, three lovely Havanese...Macy, Blu-Belle and Cooper. Lots of fun and learning on the way.

I had my third dry needling treatment for my jaw. Every time, the physiotherapist adds one more needle so it's a tiny bit more painful but it's working. My jaw opening is now at 40 mm, from low 20s three months ago. I'm pretty tickled pink about this!

Those are my news for now. Russell is doing well and is looking forward to seeing the orthopaedic surgeon in a few weeks about his knee.

I leave you with a few random pics of our dogs. It's quiet on the photo opportunities these days. Have a great week and I will write again in the Fall!


Spicy and Cooper practicing their 'down-stay' for sixty seconds!

Cooper and Spicy in their favorite position to get a
licking from the BBQ. What is Russell grilling?

Spicy claimed her spot at the table.

Cooper is always available for a quick photo.

Ever alert, these two survey all activity on the street.


1 comment:

  1. I just love the stories about life with Cooper and Spicy. Happy to hear that your jaw is improving. Enjoy the remaining summer weather.

    ReplyDelete