Pageviews l

Sunday 23 September 2018

Here's to a new season!

Happy first Sunday of Fall everyone!  A new season is upon us and it feels like it. Ever since the arrival of Fall, the weather has been cooler, the air is crisp and it just feels like Fall all around.  Regardless, we are still making good use of our deck. At this time of year, the sun is much lower in the front of our house so the back deck is virtually all shaded. No worries....our patio heater is coming in handy. Russell filled up our propane tanks today so we're good to go.

Now that Fall is upon us, it's time to make soup! On Friday, I made a double batch of a "Super Food" soup that is simply delicious. The recipe is in the book Yum & Yummer that my friend Eve gave me a few months ago. It's loaded with kale, broccoli, peas, ginger, curry paste, chicken broth and coconut milk. So yummy! I also made a batch of bolognese sauce, some of which I'm using for a lasagna that we're having tonight. Today, I used up all the basil that we had in our Veg Trug and made some lemon basil pesto. I froze most of it in an ice cube tray....that way we have lots of little packages of goodness to be used when needed. That was the extent of my cooking for the past few days. 

Last Tuesday, the Coop and I started our Fun Obedience Class.  Cooper seemed really happy to resume training, so was I. It is a fun class with a good amount of "obedience" built in.

I got a bit of work done outside. No leaf raking yet but I replaced our front pots with the good old Fall Mums planters. Nothing beats those planters at this time of year for crisp, neat colours. I got the planters at Loblaw, really nice, big and at a very reasonable price.

Not much else is going on with us. Russell and I are going to the gym regularly. It's all good. Tomorrow, I have another needle treatment for my jaw. I'm not sure if this will be my last as I still feel some stiffness and discomfort at times. We'll see.

The Spice girl and I have our bi-monthly visit at the Wellesley retirement home tomorrow. Lots of smiles will be had by many people. In November, Spicy and I will visit John Abbott College and meet with students. Research has shown that therapy dogs can help reduce stress and improve the well being of students. I'm a firm believer of that, such a great initiative!

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week!


Colorfull Fall mum planter in the front.

Cooper and Spicy taking a little break on the walk.

It is a dog's life...favorite chairs on the back
deck under the warming patio heater.

Cooper and Spicy know that they have an
excellent spot to watch over their terrain,
and it is nice and toasty warm.

1 comment:

  1. Life is good. Cooper and Spicy know where the best seats are located.

    ReplyDelete