Pageviews l

Sunday 9 September 2018

Back to training school

Happy Sunday everyone! A tad cool today, 17 celsius, not used to this kind of weather. I'm writing my blog outside, wearing my leggins and fleece. Earlier on, I was catching some sun rays on the deck and Spicy decided that my feet needed a blanket. So, she jumped on the table and covered my feet. Funny as she did the exact same thing almost one year ago to the day. Thank you sweetheart! Warm weather on the way once we get passed Tuesday. Tropical depression Gordon will dump a lot of rain on us over the next couple of days.

All is good with us. I'm getting ready to take the pooches back to training school this week. It will be good for them to get back into it, learn a few things and meet other dogs. Spicy's Obedience class will be taught by Wanda, bonus for us! Spicy and I also start our volunteering work tomorrow. Today, I picked up my name tag and lanyard. Just waiting for Spicy's little vest which will take a few weeks. Otherwise, we're good to go. I have a bag ready for each visit which contains some grooming equipment for last minute touch up, poop bags, treats, water and a blanket which can be placed on someone's lap or bed.  It is the start of a wonderful and rewarding journey which will bring many smiles to many people.

Yesterday, we went to the Beaconsfield Pet Fair. It was fun and we met many people that we have gotten to know through this doggie world that we are part of. Spicy and I stopped by the Caring Paws Animal Therapy booth to say Hello to Barbara, the team leader. We also ran into Tracey, the lovely young woman who takes care of our pooches from time to time. Oh, and Blu-Belle was also there, it was nice seeing her again.  A lot of freebees were given out. I also bought Spicy a new blanket for our volunteer work. The proceeds went to a good cause and the blanket will also be used for a good cause.

Russell resumes his photography club meetings tomorrow night. He is looking forward to it. I have my third dry needling treatment tomorrow afternoon. I am truly starting to feel an improvement with my jaw. I have resumed working on my parents' estate. Lots to do but it's going well. September seems to be the month to "resume" doing things.

Yesterday, I learned of the passing of a wonderful man with whom I worked with for many many years, Monsieur Armel Bouchard. I have many memories of Armel, going back some 20 plus years ago.  He provided our employees with some sound advice on financial and pension matters. He also did the same with Russell's parents over a period of time and with my parents. I spoke to him a few times this year, following my parents' passing. He is now gone. I was very sad to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace Armel. You lived a great life!

I leave you with a few photos of the Pet Fair. I wish you all a great week!


Me with a new blanket and arms full of freebies for
Spicy and  Cooper at the Beaconsfield Pet Fair.

Spicy and I spent time chatting with the people at
Caring Paws booth at the Pet Fair discussing our role as
new team volunteers.
It was great to bump into Tracey and her friend while at the
Pet Fair. Spicy and Cooper made many new friends.


Spicy decided I needed a foot warmer and so she jumped
up on to the table and made herself at home on my feet .
Blu-Belle and Cooper.




No comments:

Post a Comment