Pageviews l

Sunday 2 September 2018

September lickings

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope your Labour Day weekend is a nice one. It is truly hard to believe that a brand new month has started. It may be September but it still feels like the middle of the Summer. Another hot week on the way with some humidity. Today we had some good rain and it's very humid but the sun is now trying to come out. Looks like it may be dry enough to sit out later.

We decided to celebrate this long weekend by getting our pooches a vanilla pup cone, coated with bacon bits. It was Spicy's first visit at Wild Willy's in Pointe-Claire.  I think she liked it. We got one cone for the two of them to share.....it was lickings galore! Of course, we didn't let them finish it, it would have been too much but they sure loved it. Russell and I enjoyed watching them. Do you think we got one for ourselves? Nope. Maybe next year :-)

This past week was good. I had my second dry needling treatment last Monday. It was a bit more painful than the first one but it seemed to make more of a difference. I have a third treatment in ten days. On Thursday, Spicy and I completed our monitored visits for the dog therapy program. We are now officially a new team for Caring Paws Animal Therapy program. Well done Spice girl! Starting September 10, and every second Monday after that, we will visit a retirement home in Pointe-Claire. We will also visit another one once a month, so three hours per month to start. It is truly enjoyable and rewarding to be able to bring smiles to the people that we visit. A huge thank you to Maritza, a volunteer for the program, who took the time to show us the ropes.

So, we've been back in Quebec for just a little over two years now and I've tried five hair salons so far. Last week, I ditched the one that I had been going to for the past year and a bit. I wasn't happy with the last few hair cuts despite trying to explain to my hairdresser what wasn't working for me. Russell knows only too well how unhappy I can be if my hair is just not done right. So, I went to another place. I think I'm satisfied but the jury is still out. I will know after the next cut. I so miss Linda, my Toronto hairdresser of 30 years. I even contemplated flying to Toronto every 5-6 weeks just to get my hair done but then I thought it was a bit crazy.  If this new hair salon doesn't work out, I have another one that has been recommended to me. I'm keeping this one in my back pocket for now.

That's my blog for today. This coming week will not be too busy. Wednesday night, I will register Coop for his training, scheduled to start the week of September 10. Spicy also starts her Obedience training on September 12. Between doggy training and dog therapy visits, and everything else that we have going on on a regular basis, our weeks are starting to fill up so we need to set time aside to just do nothing. Just saying.  Have a great week everyone, a short work week for most.


A vanilla pup cone with bacon bits from Wild Willy's in
Pointe Claire...Spicy was smacking her lips as she
shared it with Cooper. It was her first cone...not the last!


Not to let Spicy have all the big licks, Cooper got in on the
action while I steadied the cone.


Cooper saying this is lip smacking good...thanks for the
Summer treat.


...one last licking please!




1 comment:

  1. Love, love the pups sharing a cone. Anne I agree, finding a new hairdresser after using the same one for 30 + years is a challenge. Occasionally I drive all the way back to Markham to get a hair cut. I am very fussy about my hair. I found a place that gave me a good hair cut last week but had no idea how to blow dry my hair. So frustrating. Not being close to Darlah for Kona's grooming has been another frustration. Oh well, I really enjoyed seeing your happy pups sharing a cone. What will power that you and Russell declined having one of your own.

    ReplyDelete