Pageviews l

Sunday 26 August 2018

National Dog Day!

Happy Sunday and Happy National Dog Day to all dog owners! A very special day indeed and a good excuse to give our two little ones their favorite treat...Kangaroo Tendons.

This morning started out cloudy, then we had rain, and it's now sunny. We're sitting outside enjoying every moment of what is left of Summer. I know it's not over yet, by a long shot I hope, but it's the end of August and we all know what's coming down the road, weather wise.

This past week was good. I had my first "dry needling" treatment for my jaw. I have a second one tomorrow. I feel an improvement is on the horizon. It's all good.

Spicy and I had our second monitored visit for the dog therapy program. We went to a retirement home in Pointe-Claire and the set up was different this time. Rather than visit the residents in their room, we sat in the lobby and waited for people to come to us. I must say that I am grateful to have three monitored visits before we venture out on our own. There are lots of important things to learn about the process, such as learning that not everyone wants to meet a dog, no matter how sweet the dog is. During our visit, there was a nice woman who had a bad experience with a dog years ago. She sat across the room and watched us for a while. Towards the end of our hour long visit, she expressed the desire to meet Spicy. So, we walked towards her, I picked up Spicy and she patted her, even gave the Spice girl a treat. It was a nice experience. We have our last monitored visit this coming Thursday.

Friday was an emotional day as we buried my parents' ashes. Despite our sadness, we felt at peace knowing that they are together forever. Afterwards, we all had a nice lunch at Le Gourmand. It was good to get together and share a few laughs.

I went to the gym four times last week. I'm pretty much back on track, so is Russell. In the next few weeks, I will resume training with Cooper. I'm hoping to register him for Rally-O Novice. I have already registered Spicy for Basic Obedience, Level 2, starting September 12. Fun stuff on the way for our two pooches. In the meantime, they seem to be having fun chasing the resident rabbit. Mr. Bunny was absent all Summer long but made a comeback a few days ago. Cooper is totally obsessed with the rabbit so much so that today he got confused and mistook a squirrel for a rabbit. We haven't seen the rabbit today, silly dog!

That's my blog for this week. I leave you with a few doggie photos, being National Dog Day and all. I also found a photo of me sitting on the Spanish Steps. Have a great week everyone and enjoy the upcoming Labour Day Weekend! Our week will be good, especially Tuesday as we will celebrate our 36th Wedding Anniversary. Weather permitting, we have something special planned!



Cooper and Spicy say, enough photos...we want the
Kangaroo Tendons!

Spicy says we almost caught that rabbit, right Cooper?!

Nothing like the wind in your hair on a park bench in Lachine
 with Spicy, Terry, Sparky and Cooper, while out for a walk.

Last weekend, Sparky, Spicy and Cooper lined up by the back
door to see what is going on inside...treats maybe?

Different day same line-up at the Moshers'...
what is inside that is so interesting...food maybe?

Me on the Spanish Steps in Rome...a wonderful place!


No comments:

Post a Comment