Pageviews l

Sunday 19 April 2020

Going with the flow

Happy Sunday everyone! We started our day with lots of sunshine but it's now raining a bit. It's a good thing as we raked our lawn and fertilized. The rain will help turn everything green. Once the weather warms up for good, we will seed.

This past week was good. We had nice weather for the most part but it was rather cool. Russell and I had to bundle up for our morning walks but the fresh air felt good. We got a bit of Spring cleaning done in the house, more to do but that's for another week . We also put away our Winter gear, doggie boots, etc.  Russell also cleaned out the garage and hosed it down. It is ready to receive our new Toro self propelled lawnmower.  Up to now, we've always had a lawn service but since we didn't know what the situation would be, we decided to bite the bullet and purchase one.  My hubby is excited!

Russell did quite a bit of grooming last week. Our two pooches got a bath and all went well. Russell did a wonderful job, no surprise there. Nails were cut and pads/feet were trimmed. They are in good shape on all fronts. Thank you to our human daddy for doing this!

As for me, I worked out a bit in the basement but I now have a knee issue which prevents me from doing quite a bit of lower body exercises. I laughed one day as I told Russell that I would rather regain my shoulder bursitis than have a knee problem. As the saying goes, you can't have it all. It's all good. On the topic of training, I signed up for an in-home dog exercise program with Fit Fun Canin. It will be personalized to our pooches, using what we have at home in terms of equipment. It will focus on working their balance and core while having fun. The equipment I will use will be a BOSU, a stability ball, a pouf and a cushion. I will get the program in about a week and it will include an initial video conference consultation with access to the instructor as needed throughout the program. I am really excited. It will be good for Coop & Spicy and for me. A huge thank you to Wanda for introducing me to Fit Fun Canin! I already got them used to the equipment, see photos below.

On Easter Sunday, we "Facetimed" with my sister and nephews and brother. We also did the same with some friends throughout the week. A nice way to stay in touch.

I now have only 4 episodes left to watch in the Australian Netflix series Wanted. For sure, I'll be done by Wednesday latest. I will then finish watching Ozark. Then I will switch to something else but it will be hard to beat Wanted. So good and entertaining.

All in all, we're doing quite well. Like most people, we have our moments of anxiety. They come and go and it's normal. We still watch Francois Legault's daily briefings. Russell reads up about the cures and vaccines...with his science and pharma background, he understands the research that is being done. We keep hearing that life will never be the same after COVID. Most likely true but I do believe that we will come out stronger and wiser. Yes, we miss not going out for lunch or planning a vacation but those days will return. For now, we have to stay the course for as long as we have to and help save lives.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a bunch of photos that I always take of our pooches throughout the week. Cooper and Spicy certainly brighten up our days. Stay safe, stay well. Ca va bien aller.

Spicy and Cooper buddies and BFFs on the front sofa...
taking a break from looking out the window in their
version of Neighbourhood Watch.

Spicy can always find a spot to make herself
comfy.

Spicy sitting pretty on the BOSU...good girl!

Not to be out done....Cooper sits majestically
on the BOSU!

Spicy pushes the stability ball like a pro.

Cooper loves the stability ball...he is a smart
boy that loves to train.

Cooper post the bath wrapped in his blue
bath towel ready for the blow dry.

Spicy loved her bath time and the extra plush
pink bath towel...she blow dries very quickly.

Cooper and Spicy on the front porch watching the street and
supervising us while we raked the front lawn.




No comments:

Post a Comment