Pageviews l

Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter!

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a nice Easter, safe at home. This is where we need to be in order to save lives. While we're home, our front line workers, those literally in the front line and those behind the scenes, are bravely saving lives. I salute every single one of you.

All is good with us. This past week was pretty much the same as the week before although I slacked off a little on my workouts. Just a little. Russell and I had a number of walks though. We are discovering little pockets of Beaconsfield that didn't know existed. We live in a neighbourhood that is quiet so we don't see too many people out and about. When we do, we keep our distance but do say hello.

Our pooches are doing well. I've been doing more training with Coop & Spicy, just to have some fun and to challenge them a little. This week, I will start using a stability ball and do some form of core exercises with them. Something different and good, all done in a safe manner. Thanks Wanda for giving me good tips.

I still only go to the grocery store once a week. I'm getting better at preparing my list and try to buy the fresh produce that lasts the longest, such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, etc. I have become more creative with some of my cooking, trying to make everything last until the following week. Not a bad habit to have and to keep moving forward. I will say that our local Metro is now well stocked, from eggs, to flour to the infamous toilet paper. There hasn't been any line ups except on Thursday, I guess because of Easter weekend. I only waited 5 minutes outside. No big deal. I feel quite safe in the store, it is not crowded at all which is why I go there. I know where everything is so I don't waste time looking for things.

I'm still hooked on Netflix 'Wanted'. Oh so good. I watch one or two episodes a day, although I skipped two days last week. I had things to do....Today it's Easter, so I will refrain from it and spend quality time with Russell and the pooches. Tomorrow, it will be raining all day...hmmmm.

A few words about our lovely island of Barbados. Like all other caribbean islands,  and everywhere in the world, the island is suffering. We have been in touch with our hotel management a few times, some of them we have gotten to know very well over the years. Russell is also in almost daily contact with a nice fellow who manages the social media of our hotel. We get all the news from him. All beaches are closed, hotels and restaurants. Barbados is in complete lockdown now until May 4. It has 68 COVID cases and 4 deaths, a population of 270,000. Russell looks at Dover Beach every morning on live webcams, it is the beach in front of our hotel. Our hopes are up that we will go back one day. We wish all Barbadians only the best as they get through this.

As for us in Quebec, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. A gradual reopening of some businesses could take place in early May as long as the 2 meter social distancing can apply. The next few days and weeks will be critical. We continue to watch Francois Legault's daily briefing, haven't missed one since the beginning of the crisis. There is something to be said about hearing it live versus reading about it in the newspapers.

Before I end my blog, I want to give special thoughts to our most vulnerable, our elderly, especially those that live alone in a retirement home or a nursing home. They are not allowed visitors, they are confined to their room and it is heart wrenching to think that they are alone through this difficult period. My heart goes out to them. Another reason why Russell and I feel privileged and blessed to be healthy and together. We have nothing to complain about.

I end by quoting Francois Legault..."April showers will bring May flowers". Ca va bien aller. Hugs to all on this special Easter day!


Spicy and Cooper want to wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Cooper and Spicy wearing their best Easter bows ready
for the post lunch Easter walk.

Nothing says Happy Easter like a fresh planter of flowers, a
bunny rabbit and carrot cake!

These two keep a close eye on my form during my
workouts, always ready to lick my sweat...so helpful!

The Pink moon as seen from our back deck.


1 comment:

  1. Stay well. I always enjoy the Cooper & Spicy Kingdom blog.

    ReplyDelete