Pageviews l

Sunday 17 February 2019

Stairs and more

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. For many of my friends across the country, tomorrow is Family Day, so this is an extra long weekend. I remember when I was working, I so enjoyed this February holiday. It was a nice Winter break.

This past week was good. Russell had a good birthday. It was a quiet day, surrounded by his three loves.  Valentines Day was also lovely.  Russell got me a beautiful flower arrangement, which was actually delivered on his birthday. He was concerned about the impending storm so he didn't want to take a chance.  On that note, last week brought a mix bag of weather, from freezing rain to snow, then rain. We managed through it all, no problem. Soon, Winter will be a thing of the past. Today is sunny and a tad cool but that sun sure is getting warmer. I was out with the pooches earlier and found myself unzipping my puffy coat. And what about those longer days.....wow, so noticeable now. It's all good.

Russell is doing really good. Today is Day 31 post TKR surgery. Following last Friday's physiotherapy session, it was determined that he no longer needs the cane for walking, unless he feels tired and for going up and down stairs. Russell is now doing the stairs on a regular basis. This means that we moved our grooming table back to the laundry room. Life is returning to some normalcy. This morning, Russell felt that he had turned another corner in terms of overall stiffness and pain. He feels much more limber and the pain/discomfort has lessened. The pain meds have diminished greatly. The only issue that he has are those involuntary leg spasms that he gets sometimes, mostly during the night. They are normal and will go away soon. Having said this, I can tell you that those spasms wake me up...that's how forceful they are. They don't seem to bother the pooches though. They sleep through them.

So, it's all good and it can only get better. Today actually marked Russell's first outing since his surgery on January 17.  I drove him to the mall and he got a hair cut. He felt totally comfortable being out and about with his new knee. He sees his surgeon on March 6, at which time he should get the go ahead for driving.

So, that was our week. This coming week is busy for me...Spicy and I will visit two seniors homes, Coop and I have Fun Obedience training, I have my monthly osteopathy tune-up, I plan to go to the gym four times, the pooches will get a bath, Russell gets a deep tissue massage and another physio treatment. And the sun is supposed to be shining for at least the next four days. Doesn't get any better than this.

I leave you with some snapshots that I took last week. Have a great week everyone!


Russell's birthday cake with Spicy and Cooper wishing
for a licking!

A picture tells 1000 words...
plans for a visit to Ireland and Scotland and
a dram or two of whisky.
 Happy Birthday Russell.

My Valentine bouquet...lovely roses in a
special vase.

Cooper ready for some play action downstairs...
love this happy face.

You can always count on Spicy to nab the biggest chew...
she loves them!

Healing nicely at day 31 post surgery...50
surgical staples held it together...now
vitamin e cream will work its magic.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you are healing so well Russell. I am sure that your determination and the 3 loves of your life have helped hasten the healing.

    ReplyDelete