Pageviews l

Sunday 10 February 2019

Day 23, growing stronger

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful, sunny day and it makes me realize how long the days are getting. As I'm writing my blog, I am noticing how our living room is still bright at 4:25 pm. No need for lights whatsoever. I also noticed this morning that I don't have to turn on the outside lights when I take the pooches out, same after their dinner. There is light at the end of the Winter tunnel after all! I choose to think that way, regardless of how much Winter we may have ahead of us. I had an epiphany sometime last weekend....no longer sweating the small stuff, whether it's related to weather, things people do or say and everything else in between. One of my Facebook friends (someone I actually know and worked with) posted a very good Snoopy cartoon this morning. You will see it below. Very revealing I think.

All is good with my hubby. Today is Day 23 post surgery and Russell is doing really well. The compression sock is history. The scar is looking really good, I will have a pic next week. He now walks around the house unassisted, although the cane is never far away, but that's OK. Russell probably now limps as much, no more for sure, than before he had his TKR. That about sums it up. Having said this, the pain of this surgery is still lingering, although diminishing slightly every day,  and the daily exercises truly require a lot of effort. Think about it...having your quadricep muscles torn apart and reattached to a prosthetic knee is not an easy feat. Russell's daily workouts now are all about rebuilding strength around the knee...squats, lunges, etc.  He has regained most of his flexibility. His physiotherapist is quite impressed. I do think that he prefers going to the gym than doing his rehab exercises!

Otherwise, life is good. Our pooches are doing well. I had a good walk with them today. When we got home, we sat in front of the TV to watch the Westminster Dog Show, specifically the Master Agility Competition. In the 8" competition, there was a Havanese competing. He was two years old, such a cutie. Cooper and Spicy quite enjoyed watching the show.

This coming week will be filled with two special events: on Tuesday, we will be celebrating Russell's birthday. It will be quiet given the circumstances but Coop, Spicy and I will make sure the day is a special one. On Thursday, we celebrate Valentines Day. Another cute day on the horizon!

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a wonderful week and Happy Valentines Day!


Cooper and Spicy cheering on the agility competitors at the
Westminster Kennel Club Agility Masters.

Spicy and Cooper made sure they had the best seats in the
house to view the Westminster Kennel Club show.

Spicy and Cooper enjoy the maze of snow paths that
Mommy shovels...quite the workout.

Cheering on Daddy with his physio routine....come on
two more, three more...you can do it.

Truer words are seldom spoken! Amen Snoopy!




1 comment: