Pageviews l

Sunday 2 December 2018

Missing the sunshine

Happy Sunday to all! Another cloudy, rainy day, so much rain! I don't remember when we last saw the sun...and I miss it badly. I heard somewhere that we may see Mr. Sunshine on Tuesday. That would be nice.

All is good with us. We are getting ready for Christmas. Our trees are up and I got a good head start on the baking. Most of it is in the freezer and will remain there until a few days before Christmas....otherwise, I would have to start all over again! I still have a few things to bake but I will do so when we return from Toronto. I had forgotten how time consuming baking is...probably more so because I'm a super neat baker....I like to clean up as I go, I can't stand a mess in the kitchen. That's just me, what can I say. Russell graciously tasted a few cookies and gave me the thumbs up. Much appreciated honey!

This past week was good and busy. Last Monday, Spicy and I visited the students at John Abbott College. It was our first time visiting students and it was an amazing and rewarding experience. There were six therapy dogs and I'm guessing over 80 students. Spicy and the other five dogs gave the students much needed love and comfort, ahead of the year end exams. We wished them well and hope to see them again in the Spring. We will be visiting another college on December 10th. We look forward to it.

On Wednesday, I had an unexpected visit at the dentist. Last Sunday night, I lost of small piece of a crown. Lucky for me, my dentist was available for an emergency appointment at 7:20 am Wednesday. As I suspected, I need to have the crown replaced. I was quite anxious about the appointment due to my jaw issues but all went well. I now have a temporary crown for two weeks. It's all good except for the cost LOL!

Russell and I are looking forward to this coming week. We are off to Toronto and Niagara-on-the-Lake, a yearly pre-Christmas getaway. We are looking forward to both some alone time and meeting up with friends. It will be a busy getaway but a good one, filled with new memories that we will make. Our two pooches will be spending their time at Camp Talemaker. Lots of fun!

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a wonderful week!


Doggie corner on the Christmas tree...
ornaments collected since our return
to Montreal.

The Family spot on the tree....love to decorate the tree with
unique and meaningful ornaments.

An old fashioned ceramic Christmas tree graces the
cinema room downstairs.

A festive selection of part of my baking...Russell asked if
this was his portion or Santa's?

Spicy and Cooper, wet from the rain,  keep a keen watch on the baking...
hopeful for a few crumbs...not likely on my watch.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get the promised sunshine on Tuesday.. We had more than a half day of sunshine here today. Kona & I were thrilled it has been weeks since we last saw a peek of sunshine. Your cookies look delicious.
    I am sure that Cooper & Spicy stand guard in the kitchen whenever there is activity going on there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just take a peek and saw your post. This is a worth reading article. Big thanks for sharing. budget hotel in bangkok

    ReplyDelete