Pageviews l

Sunday 16 December 2018

T'was the week before Christmas

Happy Sunday everyone! A cloudy day for us and our snow is virtually gone. Except for a few really cold days last week, the weather has been quite mild. Yesterday, it felt like Spring as we went for our walk. Just another week to go before Christmas and I do believe that Santa will have to land his sleigh on bare roofs, at least in our area.

This past week was good and busy...what else. It seems that we have a true ability to fill our calendar with stuff...some of it is good like going to the gym and dog therapy visits but lately we seem to have more going on. If I have a 'hole' in my day, I fill it with something. I suppose it has to do with the time of year, getting ready for Christmas and all. There is always something to do or an errand to run. I must say that I skipped the gym all together last week. I didn't quite feel like working out and decided that I could use the free time to do other things. I have four classes booked this coming week and I plan on attending every single one of them. Russell has been diligent with his workouts, good for him.

Spicy and I had a full agenda last week. We visited a college in Lachine and met with many students. Spicy and two other dogs brought much joy and comfort to all prior to their exams. We also visited a retirement home and met with some residents. This time, we shared the visit with Rudy, the Labradoodle. It was fun. I include a couple of photos that I took of the dogs.

Cooper and I had our last Fun Obedience class before the Christmas break. We did a mini "fun match", which we had never done before. It was a fun class. We resume mid-January.

Today, we had Auntie Lorraine over for lunch. It was great to see her again. Cooper and Spicy got all spiffed up, with matching bow and tie. Russell managed to get a photo of the two before she arrived. Cooper didn't mind the tie at all, it was as if he was used to wearing one. Too funny. We wished we had gotten a photo of Auntie Lorraine with them.

So, this is the week before Christmas. The malls will be crazy busy, luckily I don't have to go anywhere near them. I hope this week is a good one for all of you. This time of year can be stressful and emotional, we need to be mindful of that and take time for ourselves. I leave you with a few Christmas photos and a couple from our visit at the retirement residence. The second photo below is a montage of the Christmas decorations that my siblings, nephews and I made when we were kids. My parents would always display them at this time of year. Last year, I put them all together, took a photo and had it framed for my parents. It is now a cherished memento in our home. If you look closely in the upper left corner, you can spot the ornament that I made when I was 5 years old.  That ornament is now hanging on our tree. Precious. Have a great week everyone!


The Christmas stocking are hung with care...Cooper and Spicy
know they are there!

The Christmas teddy and the montage of hand made
ornaments made by me, my siblings and nephews. We
actually love OUR DOGS!

Spicy and Cooper sporting their finest formal wear and
patiently waiting for Auntie Lorraine to arrive for
a little pre-Christmas lunch.

Spicy in her Therapy Dog vest sitting pretty
in front of the Christmas tree at the
Maywood retirement residence.

Spicy gets lavished with attention by
all the residents she meets...and she
loves them back.

Rudy the Labradoodle also visits the Maywood
 to bring happiness to all the residents.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas wishes to all of you. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

    ReplyDelete