Pageviews l

Sunday 30 December 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy Sunday everyone! Here we are, just a few days before the beginning of a brand new year. We are expecting our first snow storm of the season on New Year's Eve. I must say that I look forward to getting a nice layer of snow in the backyard. With all the rain that we had last week, and the fluctuation in the temperatures, we have a lot of ice build up on the grass. We had to add crampons to our boots. The dog friendly salt will not melt the ice as it is too cold now.  So, here's to hoping we get a fair amount of snow to at least make it safer to walk in the backyard and on trails, for us and the pooches. The parking lots are just as icy, so is our driveway. Crazy weather!

I hope your Christmas was a good one, filled with love and joy. Ours was very nice. The ambiance was just right, the appetizers were a hit, the turkey was super moist and the pooches were a total delight. It was truly a lovely Christmas dinner and I know that both sets of parents were watching from above.

Russell caught a cold before Christmas and I got it too, on Christmas Eve. The worse of mine was actually yesterday and it's still dragging on for both of us. We haven't done much since Christmas. We went for a walk once, same with the gym. It's been quiet but that's the way it should be when you have  a cold. We've had afternoon naps and cuddles with the doggies. I can't think of better medicine.

This is my last blog of 2018. We are ready to ring in the new year and leave behind a year that brought much sadness to our family with the passing of my parents in the first few months of 2018.  I also know many people who have suffered losses this year. To all, I say our loved ones will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts. I hope that 2019 is kinder to all of us.  On that note, my loving hubby is scheduled to get a new knee in about five weeks. Cheers to something positive that will enhance his quality of life a thousandfold.

Russell and I, and our two darlings Cooper and Spicy, wish you all a very happy New Year, filled with love, happiness and most importantly good health!

From Our Home to Yours....Happy New Year filled with
happiness, health and love.

Christmas day dinner with my nephews (Sean and James)
and Sean's girlfriend Sandrine.

Everyone captured at Christmas dinner; my sister,
brother and nephews with Sandrine - Sean's girlfriend...
Spicy and Cooper are always available for a photo.

The Christmas table set waiting for the feast and the dining
to begin.

Cooper and Spicy loving up my brother Francois...the same
way they used to do with my Father.

Spicy and Cooper think they have spotted
an elf on a shelf and are on their
best behaviour...false alarm...it was Santa on
a shelf.

Crampons on boots to aid traction in an icy backyard....
Cooper is cautious as he has "four paw drive" but it is
slippery for the pooches as well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the happy photos. Wishing you, Russell, Cooper & Spicy a Happy Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete