Pageviews l

Sunday 25 November 2018

Bye Bye Movember

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're all having a nice and relaxing day. No doubt many people are starting to get ready for Christmas...just a tad over four weeks away.  Incredible!

This is the last week of November. It's been a dreary month, weather wise. Not much sun, some very cold temperatures and some snow, although it's mostly gone after today's rain. So, Movember is coming to an end and Orange Theory found the perfect way to end it...a fundraising for men's mental health. All we had to do is buy a moustache and the proceeds went towards this great cause. I think I look quite stylish!

This past week was good but some days were too cold for walks, at least for us, humans. Instead, we had some fun training sessions with both Cooper and Spicy. We practiced the weave with cones,  jumps through the hoop and target training. Each session ended with a long "down stay" and "sit stay", which lasted about 75 seconds. Our pooches did very well. It was a fun way to get some energy expelled.

I had lunch with my brother and sister today. It was nice to catch up. They will come over to our house for Christmas. Russell and I will be having a traditional dinner, with turkey and all the trimmings. It will be the first Christmas without my parents but we hope it will be a joyful one just the same. On that note, I put up our Christmas trees today. We're ready, as far as decorations go. I haven't started my baking but will do so next weekend. I have all the ingredients though.....

Not much else is going on. Russell is truly looking forward to having a new knee in February. Walking is becoming quite an ordeal. Having said this, he is a trooper and manages quite well.  As for me, all is good. Tomorrow, Spicy and I will visit John Abbott College and meet with the students. We hope to bring them comfort and help with whatever stress they may experience, especially at this time of year.  On Tuesday, Coop and I have our weekly Fun Obedience training. On Thursday, I will meet with the notary and go over some estate paperwork. It's a process and it takes time, that's all I have to say.

That's my blog for today. The rest of the day will be quiet. Russell is watching football, Cooper & Spicy are napping until dinner time and I'm listening to Christmas music. I leave you with a few pics. Next week, I will have photos of our Christmas tree. Have a great everyone!


Me and my Movember moustache...think I'll keep it!

Cooper and Spicy doing their best long down stay after a
fun filled training session.

Ahhh...the sit stay behind the hurdle...practicing patience
for Cooper and Spicy.

Our growing collection of custom Christmas tree
ornaments for our small family.

Let the Christmas baking begin...all the ingredients under the
watchful eye/nose of Cooper...chief supervisor.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have your holiday preparation all under control. Love the pictures of Cooper & Spicy. Did you make the hoop and hurdle. I was thinking Kona might like to take part in that type of exercise. He liked it when we took agility classes a few years ago. Nice 'pipes' in the Movember photo.

    ReplyDelete