Pageviews l

Sunday 30 July 2017

The end of another Summer month.....

....and there are just a few of those in a year, not even a handful. I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of July. This has not been the best Summer, weather wise for sure, although today is the 5th consecutive day of pure sunshine. A few more on the way this week. Wow, aren't we lucky people!

All is good with us although the past two months have been a little trying, with my parents' move, my mom's fall and the consequences.  She is still in rehab, for another three weeks probably. My dad is not looking his best and misses my mom. Who can blame him. I visited my mother this morning and we had a little picnic outside by the water. Then I drove back home and my dad came over for lunch. No, I didn't eat lunch twice....my mom enjoyed the little nibbles that I made for her and I enjoyed watching her eat it. Yesterday, I made my friend Diana's Peach Crumb Bars and brought mom a few pieces. She loved them. I also gave dad some to bring home. We are all hoping that she will be home in time for their 60th wedding anniversary on August 24. Fingers crossed on that one!

Russell and I finally started to plan our trip to Iceland, which is coming up in about 6 weeks time. We booked two photography tours: one in the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and one in the Cape Dyrholaey & Vik area. Each tour is about 10-12 hours long. We have a tentative night tour booked to see the aurora, depending on the solar activity. We will have to be on alert for that one as we could get a call at 2:00 am. We hope the weather cooperates so that we can see it. We also have a spot reserved at the Blue Lagoon for a little plunge in the thermal waters. We are getting quite excited. So is our duo....Cooper and Spicy will get to spend time at Talemaker Camp. I bet Darlah and Nathan can't wait to see Spicy...and she will be over the moon happy to see them, so will Cooper.

As we are preparing for our trip, we are also preparing for the wedding of Russell's best friend, which is a few days before our trip. Russell will be the best man. He is working on his speech. He already had his tuxedo fitting so he's good on that front. As for me, I thought I had figured out what to wear but last Friday I changed my mind. So off to Fairview I went and bought myself a little dress, classic, and a pair of shoes. I must admit that I dread having to wear a bit of a heel and my feet are dreading it more than me. I need to start walking around in the house with those shoes to break them in. The last thing I want are blisters before we start hiking in Iceland!

What else is going on with us? Well, our in-home daycare and boarding venture is now a reality. I sent the website to a few friends and we will see where this brings us. I am also about to join the Lakeshore Dog Training Association and register for a training session with the Coop. I already have Obedience booked with Spicy for late Fall. So lots on the go on that front but it's all good. Our VegTrug is doing well and we will get a bigger one for next Summer. I really like the concept and want to plant more veggies and stuff.

That's it for my blog today.  I leave you with another potpourri of photos. I end this blog by sending my best friend prayers for her dad. He is very sick. Difficult times for her and her family. I wish you all a great week and a good start to August.


A great spangled fritillary butterfly on the
purple cone flowers in the backyard!

Dock diving at the K9 fest in Maxville....
lift off for this fellow!

Splash down in the dock diving event for this fellow...
a Bernese Mountain dog....wow!

Go get it.....and have a ball!

The retrieve in the water at the dock diving
competition.

Anne, Spicy and Cooper stroll
the grounds at K9 Fest.

Lure chasing...these guys fly down the
course...like little greyhounds at
K9 Fest!

Spicy says...bark or not...we need treats
Cooper...what do you think?!

Ahhhh...sofa time, this is the life! Those two are best pals!

Cooper says, smell that Spicy....mommy is
cooking beef for our food sprinkles..."Where is the beef?"...woof!

VegTrug keeps growing...tomatoes are looking huge...for
cherry tomatoes....Cooper says who needs veggies, I eat
grain free Fromms!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome Fun With Those Beautiful Puppy Dogs In This Wonderful Family...Now, That's A Great Read...!! Keep This Up And I'll Just Have To Show You All...One Fine Day...!! Josée XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog this week. Cooper & Spicy look well bonded.
    Anne you have lots on your plate.
    Exciting to look forward to your trip to Iceland.
    What breeds of dogs were chasing the lures ?
    I hope that your mom continues to mend, your Dad must be lonely.
    Darlah & Nathan will enjoy having Cooper & Spicy
    visit while you are in Iceland.

    ReplyDelete