Pageviews l

Sunday 9 July 2017

A little to close for comfort?

Hi everyone! What a beautiful Sunday, sunny and breezy. We're not doing much today. Russell and I are a little tired from a day/night out in the Old Montreal yesterday and our duo is also tired from playing with Winston, the Old English Sheepdog, at Chez Winston.

We saw Le Cirque du Soleil's latest show, Volta, yesterday, in the Old Port. It was amazing. Russell bought us VIP tickets which gave us access to the VIP tent and an array of amazing appetizers and some nice wine.  It was a first class event all the way.  Our seats were right smack in the middle, first row. We couldn't have been any closer.....well maybe we were a little too close. During the first half of the show, one of the main characters (his show name is Shood Kood Wood, clown) was doing his routine, disassembling a funky washing machine (you have to see the show to understand) and he threw a part in the air and sure enough, it hit me in the face. Two things played in my favor: one, I wear glasses so my face was somewhat protected and two, the part was made out of rubber so it didn't do any damage but it sure startled me....and you could tell that the performer himself was startled, although he had to carry on with his performance. One of the floor people came over to ask if I was OK. At the end of the show, while the performers were coming around for the final bow,  Shood Kood Wood leaned over to me and said "je suis desole".  No harm done. It was a great show and my glasses and face are intact.

We lucked out with the weather and were able to walk around in the Old Montreal. Such a beautiful place, especially in the Summer. We had dinner at Modavie, a bistro with live jazz music. It was the perfect way to end a perfect day.

Cooper and Spicy spent the night at Chez Winston. This was Spicy's first time there and it went well. We picked them up first thing this morning.  This past week also brought Spicy's first trip to our local groomer for a bath. This was her first bath done by someone other than Darlah. It was a very good experience for her. The Coop and Spicy duo is getting along really well. Each day seems to bring a new closeness between those two. They are never far apart. It is really nice to see. We love them both to pieces!

This past week was busy with my parents' move. It went very well and we unpacked most of the boxes. It was a long and stressful day for my dad but he got through it. As for my mom, she is doing well considering. She started some form of physiotherapy but hasn't walked yet. This week, and the coming weeks, will bring more intense physio treatments and they will get her to walk.  It's too soon to say when mom will be able to come home. We're all hoping soon.

Russell also started getting some osteopathy treatments for his hip/knee. He is hopeful that the treatments will help with the discomfort he's been having for quite some time now. As for me, all is good but I'm on my fourth hairdresser since we moved one year ago. Hopefully I will not fire this one. Time will tell. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to my haircuts .....

The past few weeks have been pretty busy and our flower beds are looking it....I haven't had any time to weed. Our plants are growing but so are the weeds. Hoping for some gardening time next weekend. Oh, and Russell got me the VegTrug for my upcoming birthday. He put it together yesterday. Now, I just have to find the time to fill it with potting soil and start growing stuff. Thanks a bunch Russell! Can't wait to grow some nice lettuce and make you some nice salads.

That's it for my blog today. I'm going to spend the rest of the day on the deck with my hubby and our two pooches. Have a great week everyone!

A field of daisies in our backyard. 

VIP tent at Volta.

Pre-show wine and appetizers in style
at the VIP tent.

The 'dessert lady' with Russell...she had forks of
dessert attached to her....good enough to bite!

The big top for Le Cirque du Soleil....Volta!
Montreal's new ferris wheel, La Grande Roue in the Old
Port, to open end of July

Winston, Spicy and Cooper chilling at Chez Winston.

They love their enzymatic dental chews, for chewing and retrieving


Spicy and Cooper...yin and yang...nap time.

Spicy says you nap Coop...I'll stand watch!

The VegTrug assembled and installed...waiting for
potting soil and plants...let the growing begin!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great story. Your time in Montreal sounded wonderful. Anne your hair looks good, but I understand how hard it is to find a suitable hairdresser in a new location. I love the pictures of Cooper and Spicy. They will grow closer every day I am sure. Love the new Trug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how to post with my name. Kathy O'Connor

    ReplyDelete