Pageviews l

Sunday 6 August 2017

Sure feels like August

Happy Sunday everyone! For many of my friends in other provinces, this is a holiday weekend. I hope you are enjoying it to the fullest.  When we lived in Ontario, I used to like the August Civic Holiday weekend even though it meant that Summer was slowly coming to an end. Today sure feels like August. Although it is sunny, the temperature is only 22 celsius, quite cooler, but also more comfortable than what we had last week. Either way, I will take any type of Summer weather over Winter.

This past week was good but oh so muggy at times. We went for a walk only once, on Monday, and even then, after the fact, we realized we should have stayed home. Luckily,  we were able to walk on sidewalks and grass area so Cooper & Spicy's little paws didn't feel hot but we opted for no walk for the balance of the week. It was just too humid. After the rain we had on Friday, the humidity dropped and all was good. Off on our walks we went!

Coop & Spicy are doing very well.  They follow each other all day long although, at times, each finds a place to chill alone, but not for long. Some people want to know if it's more work to have two. The answer is not at all.  Sure, Russell has two doggies to groom each day, more paws to wash after a walk if the roads/sidewalks haven't been rained on, two sets of teeth to brush each morning but once you get into a rhythm, it just becomes part of the routine. I get the meals ready, do some training (Russell does too) and do the top knots. I usually do Cooper's only once a day but Miss Spicy seems to like to mess up hers, so I find myself doing it a few times a day.  I have to tell you though that Spicy is a real pistol. She is super agile and fast. We caught her the other night jumping on one of the TV room chairs, not from the front of the chair but the side arm, which obviously makes it higher for her to jump. She just flew over the arm of the chair and landed on the seat, no problem. We do not encourage her to do this, it just happened. Now, we try to keep the chair (which swivels) facing the proper way to minimize the height of the jump. This is not to say that Cooper is not fast, he is, just in a different way. Interestingly enough though, in some ways, Cooper is calmer than Spicy. This is a bit of a surprise to us. I have to admit that Spicy is still getting used to the many noises that surround her new environment and is very alert to everything that is going on.  But those two are like two peas in a pod, truly, and we couldn't ask for better doggies.

All is good with Russell and I. We are looking forward to our trip to Iceland, five weeks tomorrow. We fly out on 9/11. Pretty hard to forget that date. Our friends Gord and Karen's wedding is also in five weeks, actually less. They are getting excited. I started wearing my shoes in order to break them in....Lise, I used your trick...I put my shoes on today, not to watch TV but to have lunch and read the news on my laptop. I could feel my feet getting used to the shoes already...will do that again every other day until the wedding. I still dread having to spend a whole day in heels but such is life.

My mom is still at rehab. We are hoping that she can go home before August 23. We should know more later this week. It would be so nice if it happened before their 60th wedding anniversary.

That's it for this week's blog. I leave you with photos of our front garden, at its peak now, with the Black-Eyed Susans in full bloom, and some pics of the Coop and Spicy....we just love to capture them together. Have a great week everyone!


Front yard bed in bloom, Black-Eyed Susans and
the Limelight Hydrangea about to show true color. 
Full on view of the Black-Eyed Susans from the
front walkway.

Spicy and Cooper chilling and staying dry on a quilt
on the back deck after the rain...precious

These guys are wondering when the rain will stop...
lots of rain last week.

Spicy and the Coop ready to go for a walk then a road-trip in the car.

Coop says, see Spicy...this is how to put your paws
on the table...never use your elbows.

2 comments:

  1. Spicy is used to lots of dogs to play and run with daily. Is she taking cat naps? She always jumps from our couch over the back of the recliner to the seat of the recliner with ease. That line is VERY agile. She seems to do it with grace. I long stopped worrying about it and her mom and grandmother used to be just as agile. Most of her pups are similar. Envy who was Spicy's mom's son also is very agile. It is a very athletic line. But I am sure the noises are different there. Spicy can catch a squirrel by the tail if she is so inclined. Her mom used to do it as a game and then let them go a second after catching them. Give her a reason to run fast and she will. It may tucker her out as well. heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the great photos of the magical pair. My limited experience with Havanese is that they are very fast & agile.

    When they jump it seems effortless. I think that they would be great in fly ball competition.

    ReplyDelete