Pageviews l

Sunday 30 April 2017

Picked up a beautiful yellow pear!

Happy Sunday everyone!  We woke up to a cloudy and cool day. As I made my way to the kitchen to make coffee this morning, I spotted a beautiful yellow pear on our countertop.  All of sudden, our day got much brighter.  Let me tell you about this yellow pear.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending the "Art by the Water" exposition at the Beaconsfield Yacht Club, in aid of Morgan's Hope Fund. The expo featured many Quebec artists with Mary Hughson being the guest artist. I met Mary for the first time when we moved to Beaconsfield. We both have something in common...we share the same dog breed.  Mary and her husband Terry (Montreal Gazette editorial cartoonist, aka Aislin) have a Talemaker Havanese by the name of Sparky.  I had been following Mary's Facebook page lately as she was posting photos of the many paintings to be shown this weekend. When I saw a posting of the yellow pear, I just knew that it would look lovely in our house...and it does. It adds such brightness to our kitchen.  I'm happy to have had the chance to see Mary's beautiful creations in person and to have acquired a piece.....and for such a good cause, adolescent colon cancer research.

This past week was pretty good.  I'm pleased to report that my knee is doing much better.  I had an athletic therapy treatment with Russell's trainer and it really helped. I also took a few days off from the gym.... instead, I spent two full days in the garden.  I dug up some 20 year old shrubs that were overgrown and edged all the flower beds.  The weather was warm and sunny, perfect for gardening.  I also had a "meet & greet" with  my new female doctor and I really liked her. And I had coffee with Lillian in the Pointe-Claire Village.  It was really nice to catch up..and we also share the same dog breed.   Russell also had a good week. He is still working on his ancestry and anxiously waiting for his aunt's DNA results in order to fill in the blanks. His workouts at the gym are going well although his joint issues are still bothering him from time to time. He will be seeing an osteopath at the end of May. Hopefully it will help.

Our "inside voice" training with the Coop continues.  The challenge for us is to mark the behaviour as soon as it happens, which is not always feasible.  This training needs to happen mostly in the two places that provide the most distractions: when he looks out the front window and when he's on the back deck . When he's quiet, we repeatedly say "good quiet" and he gets it. If he starts using his voice, we say "inside voice" and what might be a loud bark becomes a quiet rumbling.  Cooper is a very smart dog and learns quickly. It's all good.

That's about it for my news.  I leave you with the photo of our yellow pear and a couple of pics of the Coop.  Have a great week everyone!


Yellow pear by Mary Hughson....
wonderfully bright in our kitchen.

Cooper sizing up the situation from inside his retreat.

The eyes say it all....Cooper says, what you looking at?


No comments:

Post a Comment