Pageviews l

Sunday 23 April 2017

A touch of Spring colour


Happy Sunday everyone! A glorious day in Beaconsfield.  I'm writing my blog out on the deck, listening to some good oldies tunes.  Cooper is out with me, munching on a kangaroo tendon and Russell is finishing washing all the outside windows. Today is the perfect day to do some yard work. I cleaned all the flower beds and was happy to see that all the perennials that I planted last Summer are coming back.  I saw tiny little sprouts all over the place.  I have lots more to plant this year. I will soon start making a plan....

This past week was good although Russell and I both felt a bit sluggish.  We know a few people who have been feeling the same way. We blame it on the weather, lack of warmth and sunshine....this in-between season feeling.  Today though is the perfect "pick-me up" kind of day.  May is just around the corner so it can only get better...and I found this little pot of pansies which adds some Spring colour to our deck.

The Coop and I have been doing some good training this past week, thanks to Wanda for great training tips.  Did you know that dogs have an inside voice? One of the things that we are working on is training Cooper to use his inside voice instead of "his other voice",  politely referred to as barking. The inside voice is more of a whisper and we are teaching him to use it when it's appropriate. Nothing wrong with barking but there is a time and place for it. So far so good. Of course, we need to be quick when marking this behaviour so it's a bit of a process but we think we have it down to a science now.

I seem to have developed a problem with my left knee which is quite annoying. It could be caused by the hamstring so I'm trying to stretch it whenever I have a moment. I'm the worse person when it comes to stretching and yet I know how important it is.  Today, I went to my class and I could not use the treadmill, it was hurting too much. I don't deal well with aches that prevent me from working out so I'm not a happy camper. I also sympathize with Russell who has had knee and joint issues for quite some time now, although he is smarter than me and stretches all the time...and knows how to not aggravate it. I will take the next two days off so hopefully it will help.

That sums up my blog for this week. We will enjoy the rest of this beautiful weather.  We are having pork slouvakis on the BBQ for dinner and will watch the Toronto hockey game later.  Sadly, the Habs are done...now let's see what other Canadian teams can remain alive. Have a great week everyone!

Splash of Spring colour on the back deck....
pansies are wonderfully vibrant.

Cooper and Lambchop....Lambchop is begging
Cooper to not chew off any more toes or ears!
Cooper says.....hmmm...nope.

A Northern Flicker looking for
breakfast in our backyard.

1 comment:

  1. Kaoc8@yahoo.com
    Anne, sorry to hear about your knee. Hope 2 days rest will help. I love pansies. I have one bowl on the front porch & one on the deck. Keep us posted on the inside voice training..

    ReplyDelete