Pageviews l

Sunday 7 May 2017

Splish Splash

Happy Sunday! I don't know why but I can't get Bobby Darin's Splish Splash song out of my head....it's just playing over and over again. I'm a little sick of it actually.

I hope everyone is surviving the terrible weather we're having. Many areas in Quebec are flooded and hundreds of residents are being evacuated from their homes.  Luckily for us, we are not affected by the floods but we feel for those that are.  It is very sad to see how cruel mother nature can be at times. The rain has stopped for now and hopefully the worse of it is behind us.

We had a pretty good week aside from having crappy weather.  We did manage to do a little bit of yard work on Thursday but not much.  We have so much to plant. I was hoping that by now I would have figured out what we need to buy in terms of perennials/annuals but it's hard to plan the flower beds since not everything that I planted last year as sprouted yet... although I suspect that after all this rain, I will see lots of stuff coming up this week. Having said this, our daffodils are blooming! I think the old saying "never plant flowers before May 24 weekend" will stand true this year.

Aside from the weather, things are good with us. My knee seems back to normal although I'm still a bit cautious so I'm avoiding certain movements at the gym.  Russell is now working on my family's ancestry. My DNA test has not come in yet but I now know the name of my great grand-father ten times removed. Wow!

Yesterday, we had the pleasure of going to Terry Mosher's, aka Aislin, book signing. Sparky, Terry and Mary's Havanese, was there in all his glory, watching his daddy sign all the books. The event was held at the Pointe-Claire Plaza, the only mall in the West Island that allows dogs.  We met up with Lillian and Blu-Belle. Russell took some nice photos of the Havanese gathering.

Today was a busy day for us. We had a "Meet & Greet" with two Havanese that we will board for one night later this month.  Missy & Max came over, along with their humans Linda and Bob, and got to meet us and the Coop.  It was a fun afternoon and everyone got along just fine.  I don't have any photos of today but we will be sure to take some pics when we host the two.  Oh, and it was nice to finally meet Linda and Bob, great friends of Darlah & Nathan. It's all in the family, what can I say!

That's it for my blog today. It's not raining so I suppose we could sit outside for a while but it's a tad cool so we will just chill inside.  Maybe Splish Splash will play on the radio soon.  Have a great week everyone!

Daffodils in our front yard finally in bloom.

Terry Mosher aka Aislin greets Cooper during his
book signing while Anne's friend Lillian looks on.

Lillian and Blu-Belle with Anne and Cooper
at the Pointe Claire Plaza...dog friendly, awesome!

Lillian, and Aislin giving Blu-Belle some love.

Triple the Havanese...triple the fun...someone
asked us if there was a dog show at the Plaza!

Aislin and his faithful companion...Sparky....just lovely!
Cooper, Russell, Anne and Blu-Belle
pose for a photo op...thanks
Lillian!

2 comments:

  1. What fun. You got to meet other Havanese and their owners. I am sure Cooper will love to have some pals to play with later this month.
    Sparky's colouring looks similar to Kona. Blue-Belle is a pretty gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What A Great Family Pic...!! Love Those Beautiful Daffodils...!! Michel And I Have Alot To Do As Well... I Started My Sunflowers In Feb (have about 30 to plant)...!!
    Although This Year...Have Many New Kinds...Eavening Shade (Red,Yellow...) So Let'ts Hope The Weather Clears-Up...Maybe A Little Heat Might Help...!! Lol XX

    ReplyDelete