Pageviews l

Sunday 2 April 2017

It was a big birthday surprise!

Happy Sunday to all!  What a beautiful day, sunny and warm. I think that Spring is here to stay. Today, I put away our Winter boots and coats. That's it, no more. I also threw away the holiday greenery from our outdoor Winter pots.  I was waiting for the soil to thaw.  It felt good to be out in the sun and do some "gardening".

This past week was good. My parents and I got their condo ready for the photo shoot, which took place Thursday morning.  Their condo is now officially for sale. I was very pleased with how the photos turned out.  Hopefully it will sell quickly.

After being in Quebec for 9 months, I now have a family doctor.  My dad's physician accepted to take me on as a new patient on an exception basis.  I am very happy about that and, bonus, it is a female doctor. I will have a "meet and greet" with her at the end of this month. Russell joined a private clinic when we moved so he already has a doctor.

Yesterday, we celebrated my uncle Ron's 80th birthday, my dad's brother.  It was a surprise that had been planned since February and my aunt truly pulled it off.  My uncle was totally shocked and very emotional. The party was graciously held at my uncle's cousin's home, here in Beaconsfield.  It was nice for Russell and I to see family members that we hadn't seen in years.  The theme of the party was Italian, although he is not Italian himself but my aunt is.  The food was prepared by his children and there was lots of it.  Everything was delicious, from the antipasti to the many desserts. It truly was a fun night. While we were partying, Cooper was having a sleepover at Chez Winston.  We picked him up early this morning.  I have to tell you that our house was very empty when we woke up this morning.

My DNA Ancestry kit arrived on Friday and I did the "spit" thing this morning.  Water and food are not allowed 30 minutes before spitting.  I thought it would be easy to spit but it wasn't.  It actually grossed me out and I had a hard time aiming for the opening of the tube....but I did it and the tube will be mailed tomorrow.  In a few months, I should find out more about my genes.

This coming week will be a bit busy. My friend Eve is coming for a visit on Friday so I have to get ready for that. It will be nice to see her again. We have lots of catching up to do. We plan on doing a class together at Orange Theory on Saturday afternoon. That should be fun.  I also have to do some homework with Cooper for our class Wednesday.  On the Cooper topic, I bought him a new toy for Easter, a cute little plush lamb chop. We couldn't wait until Easter of course so we gave it to him the other night but not before doing a little pre-Easter photo. It's a good thing we did, that poor little lamb chop is already missing a toe....

That's about it for this week's blog.  I leave you with a few photos, a couple of them taken by my brother at the party last night. I wish you all a great week!  Oh, and Happy International Pooper Scooper Week!


Happy 80th Birthday uncle Ron!

Can anyone say food...what a spread!

The Ancestry DNA spit kit....Anne filled it up!

Cooper's Easter toy....lamb chop....all fresh and intact
but not for long.

This lump of what looks to be soft serve ice cream is the
mascot for International Pooper Scooper Week,
we call him Poopie! Enjoy the Scoop!




No comments:

Post a Comment