Pageviews l

Sunday 3 January 2016

Brrr...it's cold outside


Happy New Year to all!  We hope it's a good one, filled with happiness, love and health.  I didn't realize until a few days ago that this year has 366 days....hmmm, what to do with that extra day...

All is good with us.  This past week was nice and relaxing.  We didn't watch as many movies as we wanted to, we actually only watched one:  The Twelve Dogs of Christmas.  Now, you know you are a dog person when you start watching doggie movies!  I actually bought this movie a few weeks ago and thought it would be fun to watch it with Cooper and get his reaction from it.  As you can see from the photo, he was watching it with great interest!  We were hoping that The Martian and Everest would be on Netflix but it looks like we have to wait one more week. We could have watched other movies but didn't feel like it.

We went for a couple of walks, one of them at Arrowhead Park.  The walking trail was quite nice, covered with fresh snow.  Oh, did I say snow?  Yep, we finally got some this past week but not as much as some other areas in Muskoka.  I think it's safe to say that this snow will stick around for a while.  We are actually experiencing our first cold day of the Winter today.  It is -11 Celsius and quite breezy, but sunny.  That didn't stop us from going for a walk on our road.  It was actually good to get some fresh air, plus we need to get used to the cold.  The next two days will be the same but a warm up for the rest of the week.

Our New Year's Eve and Day were nice.  We stayed home both days and relaxed in front of the fireplace.  We didn't quite make it to midnight but almost. Yesterday, we spent a good part of the day putting away our Christmas decorations.  Done for another year.

So, here we are, at the beginning of a brand new year.  Not sure what this year will bring for us in terms of whether we will move or not.  Time will tell.  What I do know is that we leave for Mayan Riviera in just about four weeks time.  For some reason, this trip seems to be coming up really fast.  It will be nice to get away to a warm and sunny place.

So, life returns to normal this week now that the holidays are behind us.  I am off to Toronto on Thursday, solo.  I will be attending a very special dinner for my former boss who is retiring.  I look forward to seeing him and many former colleagues.  I haven't seen most of them since I retired in October 2011.  I will be taking the bus to Toronto and will be coming home on Friday.  Russell and Cooper will hold down the fort in my absence.

This is it for this first blog of 2016.  I wish you all a great week!


A New Years Day kiss...one of the best kinds. Cooper says "not on my watch"

Cooper woofed a little while watching this doggie movie,
The 12 Dogs of Christmas.

Mr. Coop dances for his after dinner treats, a piece of turkey! Quite a showman.

No comments:

Post a Comment