Pageviews l

Sunday 24 January 2016

A cozy day

Another week has come and gone....and it has brought us beautiful sunrises.  Russell was up and about with his camera almost every morning this past week to try and capture the display of colours before it disappeared.  Those sunrises don't last long at all, barely one or two minutes.  It's a good thing that we're early birds.

We had a nice and quiet week.  The weather was rather cloudy and coolish but we didn't get any snow.  I was hoping for more sun.  We did what a lot of people do in January...not a whole lot and watched a few movies:  the latest Mission Impossible and Everest.  Everest was a very good movie but not as good as I expected, although the true story of survival is pretty incredible. Mission Impossible was as good as the others, action packed from start to finish.  So, two movies in one week. That's a lot for us.  We're not big movie watchers.  Here's a little fun tidbit:  the last time that Russell and I went to a movie theater was in 1984, in Burlington, to see The Cotton Club. I'd say it's been a while!

It won't be long before our trip.  Today, I started putting a few things aside. I have the bathing suits and shorts lined up.  I need to freshen up a few things this week and will start packing next Sunday. We leave for Toronto one week Wednesday.

Today is a cozy day.  We decided not to go for a walk but rather stay home and relax.  Russell is watching an important football game that will decide the fate of the Patriots, one of his favorite teams.  So far, it's not looking good.  Cooper is enjoying a dental stick.  After I finish my blog, I will catch up on the news and read a book.  Oh, by the way, my Mom is loving her iPad.  She Googles stuff, reads the news, sends email.  I think she is as addicted to it as my Dad...or maybe as Russell and I!

Not much else to report so it's a short blog.  I leave you with a few photos that Russell took of the sunrises.  Some of my blog readers who are on Facebook will have seen those but not everyone that reads my blog is on FB so please indulge me.  Russell also took a photo of a hawk that seemed very interested in the turkeys that were roosting in one of our trees.  Finally, I leave you with one picture of the Coop eating his dental stick....the blog wouldn't be complete without at least one photo of the Coopster!

I hope you all have a great week ahead.


A cold sunrise that briefly flashed some awesome color.

There was a little hoar frost on the branches this sunrise.

Sunrises are quick, this was taken 30 seconds after the one above.

Minus 24 C and this Red-tail hawk took a break in our trees. 

Turkeys roosted for almost 3 straight days after heavy snow.

Cooper chowing down on a dental stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment