Pageviews l

Sunday 10 January 2016

It's January...really?


Happy Sunday to all!  What a soggy and mild day we're having.  It's hard to believe that we are entering the second week of January, with hardly any snow and lots of rain since yesterday.  Granted, the weather will turn colder this week but just the same.  The less cold weather and snow we have, the better it is, for us anyway.  And, did you notice that the days are getting longer?  It's all good!

This past week was a good one and ended with my trip to Toronto to attend a retirement dinner for my former boss, Michel.  What a great evening we all had and what a wonderful reunion it was for me.  I must say that I was a tad anxious (in a good way) about seeing everyone after all this time but in the end, it felt just like yesterday.  Everyone looked the same, with the exception of a few more grey hairs on some..... If some of you are reading my blog today, I want to say again that I was truly happy to see all of you!  Hope our paths cross again at some point.

While I was away, Russell and Cooper kept each other good company.  They went for a walk, played and watched TV.  When I got off the bus on Friday, they were both waiting for me.  Cooper didn't waste any time in showering me with kisses and lickings when I got in the car.  It was good to be back home with my guys.  I missed them even if I was only gone for one night.

This past week was also a big week for my mom.  She got her own iPad and is now learning how to use it.  My dad got her an email address and we have been exchanging emails ever since.  I think my mom sent me more emails than I did to her.....she truly loves it and I am so happy for her.  Technology can be intimidating, especially as we get older, so I'm glad that she is embracing it the way she is.  What started all this is that the newspaper La Presse is now only available online.  I actually find that sad for those who truly enjoyed reading the paper copy of La Presse.  My mom was one of them.  She also now reads two of her favorite magazines online, Figaro and Paris Match.  Way to go mom!  I'm proud of you.

Not much else is going on.  The next few weeks will be quiet as we slowly get ready for our trip to Mayan Riviera.  It won't be long now.  Funny, because the Winter has been so mild, we don't actually feel like we need a break from it.  But it will be nice to get away.

Today is a quiet day.  With all the rain that we're having, there is not much to do.  Russell is watching football, not too many games left in the season.  I've been cooking up a storm and prepping meals for the week.  I have a pot roast in the oven, which will be ready in about 3 hours.  The house smells yummy.

That's it for this week's blog.  I wish you all a great week.  I leave you with a few photos that Russell took last Monday morning, when we woke up to -21 Celsius.  It was a cold and frosty morning and the scenery was beautiful.  Russell also took a few photos of the Coop while I was gone.  Enjoy!


Hoar frost blanketed the trees...coffee by the fire-pit anyone?

Looking out to Lake Vernon from the back deck, trees all frosted!

The neighbourhood pileated woodpecker on his favourite tree.

Cooper was intrigued by the racket created by the woodpecker.

Cooper deep in thought, wonder what he is thinking!? Food?!

My Mom reading her paper on her new iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment