Pageviews l

Sunday 31 January 2016

Ready to go!

Happy Sunday to all!  It is cloudy, mild with rain on the way.  Crazy Winter we're having.  To think that, all things being equal, we only have about eight weeks left in this season.  Almost two of those weeks will be spent in Mayan Riviera.  I say that's pretty good.

So, here we are, just three sleeps away before we head to Toronto Wednesday morning.  We will drop off Cooper at Camp Talemaker where he will be spending thirteen nights with his furry friends. We know he will be having the time of his life.  His packing only consists of his tooth brush and tooth paste.  He travels light, what can I say.  After we drop him off, we will be going to Toronto for haircuts and a manicure for me, courtesy of my hairdresser.  Then, we will make our way to the Sheraton Airport hotel where we will spend the night.  Our flight leaves at 6:15 am on Thursday morning.  It will be an early start to our day but we will be in Mexico in time to enjoy lunch and a tropical drink by the pool.  Sweet!

We are virtually packed, with some things to be folded and added to our suitcases at the last minute. I have two workouts left and Russell has one.  Then, we are giving our bodies a much needed break. We look forward to long walks on the beach, perhaps a visit or two to the hotel gym but that will be the extent of our exertion.

This past week was good and went by very quickly.  Yesterday, Terri and I attended the official opening of Spa Works, a recently expanded business of Massage Works.  That is the place where Russell and I get our massages. Spa Works now offers facials, mani/pedi and reflexology.  It was a nice event and our mayor was in attendance for the ribbon cutting ceremony.  Angela Urquhart, the author of Dramatically Zen, was on site to sign her book, which I bought.  I was told that it is a good beach book.  Who knows, I might come back from our trip with a "zennish" outlook on life.

This was a slow week for photos, however, yesterday, I caught Cooper guarding then sniffing Russell's birthday gift so I took a quick photo.  Russell's birthday is on the 12th but Coop and I wanted to have an early celebration last night with a special dinner and a little gift.  I didn't know what to buy then thought about adding to Russell's recently acquired Scotch collection.  After getting some advice from his friend Matthew, I got him a bottle of Oban Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 14 years old, along with a book.  To your good health Russell!

That's it for this week's blog. I will try to do a short blog from Mexico.  Until then, I wish you all a great week!


7 tasted...994 left to try!

Cooper is such a curious fellow.

Nope...nothing in here worth eating.

Spa Works ribbon cutting with the Mayor and Kristin Adams


1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip you two!!! Russell, I had forgotten we both have birthdays on the 12th :) I am going backwards now....hope you are doing the same. xoxo

    ReplyDelete