Pageviews l

Sunday 27 December 2015

It was a nice Christmas

Happy Sunday to all!  It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone.  I know, I say that every year but it's true.

I hope you all had a nice and happy Christmas. Russell and I had a lovely one with my parents and family.  It was good to be home for a few days and spend quality time just chatting away.  The weather was perfect for travelling and all went smoothly.  On Christmas Eve, we had lunch with Auntie Lorraine, Russell's aunt.  It was really nice to see her again and we had some good laughs.   We then had dinner at my parents' condo.  They made us a really nice meal and it was very relaxing.  On Christmas Day, my sister and her two sons, and my brother,  joined us for dinner.  Another nice family get together.  We returned to Huntsville yesterday afternoon, after picking up Cooper.

I read in Darlah's blog that Cooper and his furry friends had some duck treats on Christmas Day.  Yum, that must have been good.  Coop had a good time as always and the gals were apparently all around him.  He is such a charmer.  I include a couple of many photos that Darlah took while he was playing.  I will say that Christmas was not the same without our Coop but he was in his "home away from home",  happy and content.

I went back to the gym this morning.  Russell is going back tomorrow.  This coming week will be quiet and we want it to be relaxing, sort of like a "vacation" week.  Except for going to the gym, we will just go for walks, watch some movies and get ready for the New Year's festivities.

We still don't have snow although we got a bit of freezing rain last night but not enough to make the roads treacherous.  I think that some snow is in the forecast for this week.  That's OK.  It has to come sooner or later.  We basically have two months of Winter behind us.  Not bad at all when you consider that normally Winter lasts about five months in Muskoka.

My next blog will be in 2016.  Until then, I wish you a great week and hope that you have a wonderful New Year.  I leave you with a couple of family pictures that we took at my parents' place and a few of the Coop, courtesy of Darlah.  A special thought goes to Russell's dad who left us 14 years ago today. We miss you dad.  You're always in our thoughts.


The Pelletier clan:
my sister Lynn, my Mom, my brother Francois, my Dad and me 

Anne, Russell and Auntie Lorraine at Christmas Eve lunch.

Cooper giving chase to Casey...run Casey run!

Cooper in full furry flight.

Cooper surveying the action from the pool cover.






3 comments:

  1. Looks like you weren't impacted by the loss of power I read about up your way over Christmas. I was thinking you were going to come back to a very cold house!

    Happy New Year in advance. May it be a happy and healthy one for all three of you :)

    Pat Magowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,to our surprise, we didn't loose power up where we live but if we had, our generator would have kicked in. We read about it also while in Montreal and were concerned for our neighbours but all was fine. Happy new year to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my partner and I Take delight in that the audit is outstandingly educational I figure this Bond cleaning Randwick | End of lease cleaning Zetland | Bond cleanersarticle will absolutely upgrade you. Keep it up and sharing your experiences... You should keep appropriating obliging subjects thusly.

    ReplyDelete