Pageviews l

Sunday 1 June 2014

Stump, flowers and more...I mean S'Mores

I knew that one day we would find the perfect pot to put on top of the huge stump that we have in our backyard.  And we did find it in a little Antique shop in Huntsville.  Now we have a beautiful flower arrangement that brightens up Coop's dog run.  We also found three gorgeous hanging baskets for our front porch at the Windermere Garden Centre.

It looks like Summer is finally here.  The leaves are out, it is looking very lush and green out there.  The weather today is sunny and +27 Celsius.  It feels good.  We have some mosquitoes but not too many.  The thing about living on top of a hill is that there is always a breeze, even on the hottest days, so we are spared the worst of the black flies and mosquitoes.  I am making progress with the gardening.  We still have a number of areas that we need to fill in with plants. Today, I planted 6 ornamental grasses and 5 yarrows.  We are sticking with the plants that the deer truly seem to stay away from.  Catmint and Astilbes are also plants that they haven't nibbled at since we planted them almost two years ago.  I will be planting more of those in the next week or so.

Our trip to Montreal was very good.  We accomplished a lot, maybe not as much as I would have liked, but we got a lot done just the same.  I have to realize that my parents, although young at heart, are no longer spring chickens (neither are we for that matter).  There is only so much that they can do and that we can impose on them.  Nevertheless, their house is almost ready to be put on the market. While in Montreal, we celebrated my dad's upcoming birthday.  I bought a little cake which was divine.  We had a nice and relaxing evening.  It was nice to see my parents again.  We also had dinner with Auntie Lorraine, Russell's aunt.  She is a lovely and fun lady. We had a very nice evening.

While we were away, Cooper was at Camp Talemaker.  As Darlah said, it was a "boys" week.  He had fun, got very messy, and went swimming many times.  Next week, I will post a video that Darlah took of Cooper swimming.  He had a great time as always.

Last night, we had another camp fire and had S'Mores......  Russell couldn't resist taking a picture of me eating a S'More and I thought, why not post it.  It was good, we had fun and that's all that matters.  Life is short, so might as well enjoy it.  Cooper was oblivious to all this and slept by the fire pit.

That's about it for this week's blog.  I wish you all a great week.  Enjoy what seems to be the beginning of the Summer, finally.

Cooper 'chilling' by the fire pit...it is a dogs life...at least his is!

One of 3 hanging baskets that grace the front porch.

Nice splash of color.

Oooey gooey fun...s'mores anyone!

Stump all decked out....perfect pot and plant.

Happy Birthday Dad with maman and Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment