Pageviews l

Sunday 29 June 2014

A hot Summer day!

Dare I say it's too hot out there?  No way,  but it is hot, +30 Celsius.  Can't remember the last time we had hot weather like today.  Love it!  Thunderstorms are in the forecast but the sun is out now and there is a nice breeze.  I must say that we've had very nice weather for the past few days and a lot of rain last Tuesday.  Can't complain, it's all good no matter how we look at it.

Well, Huntsville is alive again.  According to Randy, the owner of Robinson's Independent Grocer, this is the busiest weekend of the year.  School is out, cottagers come up for the Summer and Huntsville gets really busy. I mean really busy.  Line ups in the stores, at the gas stations, a traffic jam on Main Street and lots of people walking the Main!  It's fun to see the tourists walk around our little town.  On Tuesday, there will be lots happening downtown for Canada Day.  We will be there to take it all in.

Yesterday, we went for a nice boat ride.  We had lunch on the boat, in a little bay.  The water was calm, the sky was bright blue and we watched an osprey catch a fish and bring it back to its nest.  I was able to take two pictures, despite the boat rocking gently on the water. There is an osprey nest in that tree every year.  We saw it last year.  We can actually see the tree from our house if we use binoculars.  There were lots of boats on the water and the OPP marine unit police were out in full force.  We didn't get stopped.  I was kind of hoping we would.  I would have loved to show my boating licence.

Coop and I had another good agility class last Wednesday but we only lasted 35 minutes.  There were too many mosquitoes and the field was soaked, following the heavy rain from the previous day.  We were both tired anyway.  The objective of that class was for me to use body language, rather than verbal, to direct Cooper to the various obstacles.  The Coop did really well and our trainer was impressed with both of us. Well done Coopster!

Russell had his first deep tissue massage last Thursday.  It was somewhat painful but he is already seeing a difference.  He will continue for a few weeks and hopefully his stiffness will be gone for good.  I have been going for my fitness walk every single day, and even went once with Cooper.  For a small dog, I will say that he walks pretty fast.  He can easily keep up with me.

My parents' house is now officially on the market, as of yesterday.  They have accomplished a lot in the past few months to get to where they are today.  The next big step, once the house sells, will be to move to their condo.  Exciting times ahead!

We are taking it easy today.  We went for our walk with Cooper this morning before it got too hot.  We will spend the rest of the afternoon on the deck and enjoy this beautiful weather although the skies are a little threatening at the moment. Cooper has been napping for almost two hours.  I guess the heat is getting to him.  I hope you are enjoying this long weekend.  Happy Canada Day to all!


First and Second mates aboard the pontoon - The COOP.

Osprey nesting high atop an old pine just returning with dinner.

Longer perspective on the osprey nest complete with chicks.

The Captain and his Second mate on starboard watch.

Happy Canada Day....woof, woof!

I always smile...it is contagious!


No comments:

Post a Comment