Pageviews l

Saturday 24 May 2014

Lemons and stuff...

I don't know about those of you that read my blog but I LOVE using lemons in recipes, whether it is in a savoury or sweet dish.  I find that lemons add such freshness to anything that we eat.  Of course, we all know that drinking warm water and lemon in the morning is the best thing for you...but that is for another day.  So, today, in anticipation of going to visit my parents and Russell's aunt, I baked two kinds of lemon cookies:  Lemon Ricotta Cookies and Lemon Shortbreads. What can I say...I'm on a lemon kick....  Those cookies were tested on a few people today and they appear to be a hit....I think they will be on my Lemon Repertoire from now on.

This past week was busy with stuff going on around our house such as "warranty work" as Matt calls it.  Nothing major but stuff that needs to get done to "tidy up" the house.  We also made the decision to dispose of our hot tub.  Although we thought we would make great use of it, in the end, we didn't like it so much and it became a real pain to maintain. So, gone it is, and we now can make better use of our screened porch.  Casey did a great job at removing it and no one would know it ever existed. The door to our shed was also installed this week, although a bit more tweaking needs to be done. So, lots happened around our house this week.

This past week, I spent a lot of time doing some yard work, getting the flower beds ready. The plants are growing nicely and quite fast.  Our birds are still eating up a storm so Russell bought a second feeder today.  Coop and I had a good agility class last Wednesday and we are enjoying it.  I am focusing my energy on having fun, while training Cooper, rather than trying to excel on doing all the obstacles right.  As someone said to me last week, if you take it too seriously, it is not fun.  And it's true.

Not much else is going on.  We are off to Montreal tomorrow for the week.  We plan on helping my parents out as much as we can in terms of getting their house ready for selling.  We will also have dinner with Russell's aunt on Monday.  We look forward to it. Cooper will be at Camp Talemaker for the week having the time of his life.  The pool is open so he may even go swimming.  We will miss him, as we always do when he is away from us for even the slightest amount of time.

I leave you with one picture this week. Russell took it first thing this morning.  A little bit of fog, new leaves on the trees, no snow for a change......I think that Summer is here for good.  Have a great week everyone!

Nine photo panorama from the deck looking at Lakes Robinson & Vernon.




No comments:

Post a Comment