Pageviews l

Sunday 5 March 2023

Remembering my Mom


Happy Sunday everyone! We are enjoying a beautiful sunny and relatively mild day. 

Today, we remember my mom who left us five years ago on this day, five weeks after my dad's passing. She was surrounded by her children and grandchildren until the very end. A day we cannot forget. My mom was a fine lady. She liked all things beautiful, enjoyed her jazz and was a wonderful cook although she ate like a bird. I smile when I say this because, as much as she liked very small portions of food, she could devour a whole plate of chicken wings! 

When she passed, the palliative care staff gave each of us a hand knitted butterfly, a symbol of freedom that comes with death. That butterfly hangs on the table lamp on my side of the bed and I look at it every night before I go to sleep. I miss my mom every day 😘

This past week was very productive for me. For those who read my blog last Sunday, I mentioned that I had no clue as to what clothes I will bring on our trip to Italy. A few of you also encouraged me to go and buy that second maxi frilly cute dress that I liked so much. Well, that gave me the push I needed so thank you! I went back to the store and, not only did I buy the dress,  I also bought a few other items, actually more than a few.  Literally a one stop shop, a cute boutique (for women only) in Pointe-Claire Village called Artizan. They have an amazing website and many from other provinces order online. For someone who hates shopping, it is simply perfect! I can now proudly say that I am packed....as in I know what to bring, just like Russell. Tick. Done. And what a relief to know that I don't have to go to a mall and roam around trying to find clothes!

Not much else is new. We had a few nice walks with the pooches before the storm. We will resume walking tomorrow. We have a lot of snow but it will be gone before we know it. 

Cooper & Spicy are doing well. Yesterday, I created another maze for the Coop. It is getting harder for me to be creative but I persevere.... it's all about making it difficult for Cooper to get to the treat LOL! As for Spicy, she loves her snuffling mat so she gets it every day. We have noticed that she seems to have lost most, if not all, of her hearing in the right ear. We are adjusting how we talk to her accordingly. No big deal. Just like us, our pooches are aging. As long as they are happy and healthy, that's what matters. Russell is also doing well although he seems to have a hearing issue also. He will be seeing his doctor in a week or so.

I leave you with a few photos of my mom. Beautiful memories of her. 

Have a great week everyone! 


My Mom and I - a cherished memory of the last
Mother's Day with us, May 2017.


My Mom in her finest, basking in 
sunshine before the celebration of 
her 60th wedding anniversary
with my Dad, August 2017.


Easter 2017, with my Mom, Dad
and those cute bunny ears!


The freedom of a butterfly,
in memory of my mom


A birds eye view of Cooper's newest maze.
 He sees it at his eye level and that is what
makes it so challenging.


Snow banks are very tall after the 
last snowfall and my shovelling.


The 'snow-dogs' in the wintery kingdom. We
cannot find them once they enter the snowy
maze.


No comments:

Post a Comment