Pageviews l

Sunday 26 March 2023

Spring cleaning

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday! Although we woke up to some rain, the sun is now shining through the clouds. Yesterday afternoon, we had a brief snow shower followed by a huge thunder boomer.  More Spring like weather on the way this week.

This past week was good. On Tuesday, I woke up feeling energetic with a spring in my step so I decided to get some Spring cleaning done. I tackled the kitchen...fridge, pantry, cupboards. Then I washed some of the dog blankets and Spicy's favorite bed. This week, I will tackle the bathrooms.

We had a number of walks by the lake. More and more grass is showing, it's mucky but it feels really nice to walk on grass! The picture of the lake below was taken on Monday. The ice on the lake is now all gone.The snow in our backyard is also melting fast. We actually noticed a change since yesterday when we went out this morning. Russell figures that the snow will be all gone by the time we leave for Italy (4 weeks).

We are getting excited about our trip. Russell watches various webcams from Rome every morning. Italy is full of tourists and the weather looks very nice. I crossed off a few items on my "to do list". We're in good shape.

Cooper went to the vet on Wednesday. Russell had been noticing some discharge on his eyelids. He appears to have what is called Blepharitis, a fancy name for inflammation of the eyelid. Fluorescein stain was also done to rule out any possible scratches or abrasions on the eyes. All good. He was prescribed an antibiotic/steroid gel that we apply twice a day. We're already noticing a big difference. Russell also gives the Coop a nice warm compress, morning and night, which he seems to really enjoy. He goes back for a follow up on Wednesday. I have to say that Russell gets an A+++ for grooming and all that it entails. Nothing gets past him πŸ‘The pooches and I are lucky to have him πŸ’—

I'm getting my blog done early today. I have some cooking to do. I will be making a Coq au Vin for dinner. I haven't made that in years. It's the perfect day for cooking and prepping meals for the week.

Not much on the go this week. Tomorrow, Russell will have lunch with a high school friend which he hasn't seen for about 30 years. Friday, our pooches go to the vet for their Lyme/Heartworm test.  I leave you with some random pics taken in the past few days. Have a wonderful week!


Did somebody say 'pill time'? This duo lines up
for their evening meds, what a treat!


Spicy on her pink workout mat...my faithful
workout buddy!


Cooper exploring the snow melt and looking
for rabbits.


Spicy tries to stick to walking on snow...good luck 
with that over the coming days.


Cooper loves the warm compress
as part of his eye treatment.


Cooper says, hey what's up?


The ice is now all gone on Lake St. Louis and
there is lots of grass to walk on.


2 comments: