Pageviews l

Sunday 1 August 2021

Leggings kinda day

Hello everyone and Happy first Sunday of August! I woke up this morning thinking that next month we will go apple picking ๐Ÿ˜‚Life sure does go by quickly. It's a cloudy day for us. We expected lots of rain but that has changed. It's warm enough, 20 celsius, but for some reason, I feel a chill in the air...thus the reason why I'm wearing my leggings, nice and comfy on this quiet Sunday.  My crew is having a nap now, another good thing to do on a cloudy day.

All is good with us. Our week came and went in the blink of an eye. Our generator was delivered on Friday. It looks good, same as what we had in Huntsville but three times smaller. Next will be the install of the transfer switch panel and connection to the propane tank. All should be completed in a few weeks. 

Our pooches are doing well. Their echocardiogram is now booked for November 27... yikes, already something on the calendar for that month. Cooper has been doing his walkabouts at night. I hear him leave the bedroom, walk to the kitchen for some water, he walks back and stops here and there, not sure where exactly, then jumps back on the bed.  I'm such a light sleeper that I hear his every move....it's actually kind of funny that he does that. Spicy is totally oblivious to this. She doesn't move at all during the night. A few weeks ago we heard her jump off the bed and we knew she had to go out to do her business. It's very rare. 

Russell and I are getting our blood work done on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively, first thing in the morning, in preparation for our physicals week of August 9. We will also get an ECG, not a bad thing. 

Strawberries are still plentiful. I bought another crate this morning. I plan on making a rhubarb and strawberry crisp this week as well as another batch of compote. Yum!

Those are my little news. I leave you with a bunch of photos that we took this week. One of them I got from Darlah. It is of Spicy when she won Best of Breed 10 years ago. She completed her Canadian Championship at 8 months of age.No wonder she is a little princess ๐Ÿ’–When Coop was a puppy, his breeder, Pocopayasos Havanese, had hoped that he would become a show dog but the Cooper had a growth spurt at 6 months, thus too large for the standards. Lucky for us, and him, I say ๐Ÿ’—

Continued best wishes to our Canadians at the Olympics, you are making us proud. We've been watching the events at night, truly enjoying it. Have a great week everyone! 



Spicy and Cooper took time for an early 
morning photo opportunity in front of the
back flower bed. BFFs!


Back bed in full bloom with Black-eyed Susans, 
Zebra grass and a Japanese Maple.


A Monarch making its rounds on the Coneflowers.


The Monarch also likes the daisies!


20kW standby backup generator....waiting for the
first power outage.


Tai chi by the Lake at Edgewater Park.


It's my chair, no it's mine...OK, we can share!

Spicy, Best of Breed New Champion at only
8 months old.

1 comment:

  1. I remember attending one of Spicy’s shows where she won several large ribbons. She was always so quietly confident.

    ReplyDelete