Pageviews l

Sunday 7 February 2021

The Kid versus the GOAT

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!

Tonight's football game is shaping up to be an epic quarterback matchup between one of the greatest players of all times and one who will likely follow in his footsteps....Brady versus Mahomes. It will be a very exciting game and we can't wait to watch it. 

All is good with us and we had a nice week. We got some snow one day last week, can't remember which day. It was the fluffy stuff and I decided to shovel instead of using the snowshoes. As I was clearing the dog paths, I realized that, a few weeks ago, I created way too many paths so I decided to close off a few. I also started thinking about next year's winter path design....I have some ideas but a little too late to change things now. As much as I don't mind shovelling snow, to a certain extent, I'm not going to move snow around just for the fun of it. So, I'm tucking my ideas for next year in the back of my head.

Our province is reopening gradually this week. As such, I have a hair cut appointment booked for next week. It will be 11 weeks since my last cut, it's high time. 

This past week was the start of a new workout program from Angie for the month of February, called Evolve at Home. I have enjoyed every single workout so far. Our pooches have also had fun learning new tricks from their activity program. I particularly like to see videos that participants post of their dogs. It's very interesting to watch how other dogs do certain things.

We've been using our air fryer quite a bit. It really cooks food nicely. I especially like cooking veggies such as green beans and brussels sprouts. They come out very tasty. I finished watching Netflix's Virgin River. I truly enjoyed it and now I have to wait for Season 3 later this year. I started Little Fires Everywhere but couldn't get into it. I set this one aside for now. I'm still in Season 2 of How to get away with Murder and I will start Sweet Magnolias this week. That's my Netflix/Prime update 😍

Russell is doing well. He has found a few more distant cousins and is in touch with some of them on a regular basis. The Duncan/Watkins family tree keeps growing. On Friday, we will celebrate his birthday 💖 With the reopening of non-essential stores tomorrow, I hope to be able to find a birthday card. We're old-fashioned that way, we don't do e-cards to each other 😉

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few photos that Russell took while on a walk last week. The town of Pointe-Claire has a beautiful skating rink with picnic tables and benches. It has become a very popular place for people to hang out, while maintaining social distancing and enjoying the outdoors. 

Have a great week everyone! Stay well and healthy. For those who are watching tonight's game, have fun and enjoy! No matter who wins, it will be well deserved and a game to remember. 


The Town of Pointe Claire skating rink at the 
foot of Cartier Avenue and Lakeshore...a 
busy spot.

Cooper and Spicy nose into the stiff breeze on 
our walk by the Lake.

Wild Willys waiting for next season but, they
have just started home delivery of ice cream!

 A fresh dusting of snow over night makes
everything look crisp and clean.

A bench with a view in Edgewater Park over
looking Lake Saint-Louis.

The Pointe-Claire snowman on duty 24/7.

A fiery morning sky one morning last week in 
our backyard.








No comments:

Post a Comment