Pageviews l

Sunday 31 January 2021

So long January!

Happy Sunday everyone!  A cold day for us but the sun is shining. When the sun is out, all is better!

Our little family is doing well. We had a good week. The best part of it was when we got Cooper's blood results on Thursday, following his visit with the internist on Wednesday. His protein blood levels are going in the right direction and his weight is stable. We're super happy about this. Next appointment is in three months. It's all good!

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of January. Where does the time go, I often ask myself.  February is going to be a good month with lots happening. Super Bowl, Russell's birthday and Valentine's Day, all good reasons to celebrate life, not that we need a reason to do so.

I signed up for another fun program with our pooches, this one called the Calendar of Love (Calendrier de l'Amour) which will last for the whole month of February. The program is created by the same trainer who did the Advent Fitness Calendar in December, in coordination with another dog trainer. This time, the platform for the program will be via a private Facebook group. As of today, 138 people have joined. Each day will bring a new activity, be it a physical exercise (different from those introduced in the Advent Calendar), a mental challenge exercise or a doggie recipe. It will be fun to exchange with this group. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Also starting tomorrow, we will have access to a new block of workout classes put together by our personal trainer friend from Huntsville. She did it for the month of January and decided to continue for February. The classes will be posted on her YouTube channel. I have truly enjoyed her workouts and I'm grateful to be able to rely on her for fitness. She has truly inspired me and I can honestly say that January 2021 was the best workout month since March 2020! So, all in all, I think February will be a great month.

Russell continues to make good progress on his ancestry. Last week, he signed up for a new genealogy site called My Heritage and got hundreds of new hints to follow. I have to say, it keeps him very busy. Today, he's also learning to make soap bubble photos. It's so important to have interests/challenges that we enjoy. 

Those are our latest news.  Earlier on today, I had a video chat with my sister and brother, it was nice to catch up. Cooper & Spicy are now patiently waiting their 3 pm dehydrated chicken treat. I will attempt to watch two or three episodes of "Virgin River" this afternoon with the hope to finish the series in the next few days. Then I can concentrate on "How to get away with Murder" and I may start "Little Fires Everywhere". I also started reading John Grisham's "Time For Mercy". It's a good read. 

Have a great week everyone! Stay safe and healthy!


Spicy and Cooper front paws up on the blue 
side of the BOSU! Nice work!

Cooper and Spicy step up to the next challenge, 
front paws on the black side of the BOSU....
more wobbly - good to work those muscles and 
balance.
Out on a cold walk...the snow is crisp and clean.


Russell's first ever attempt at making and 
photographing a frozen soap bubble....
practice will make perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment