Pageviews l

Sunday 21 February 2021

A busy Sunday in the kitchen

Hello everyone and happy Sunday!

It's been a busy morning. While Russell spent a good two hours bathing and beautifying Cooper and Spicy, I spent that time in the kitchen. I started my morning by throwing a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. It's my first time doing this...not throwing but slow cooking a pork shoulder 😉 There's still a few hours left then I will shred it and mix it with a sauce. It will be good this week in sandwiches or on its own with a nice side of veggies.  I also air fried some chickpeas. OMG, I munched on those all morning long. I then proceeded to make a double batch of granola, which I froze. What else....I cooked some chicken for our pooches and prepped our dinner, simple Asiago Chicken with mushrooms. 

Yesterday was also a busy day in the kitchen, gearing up for a homemade Chinese dinner. I made vegetable fried rice (with brown rice cooked the day before), air fried egg rolls and slow cooked Chinese spareribs. Everything was delicious. I had tried the egg rolls over a month ago and, although they were good, they were not as golden and crispy as I would have liked. This time, thanks to a tip from my friend Patricia, I brushed them with oil.  I also used the recipe she gave me. They turned out really nice. 

Enough about food. This past week was good. We got some snow on Monday. Although we seem to have a lot of it, it is evaporating quite nicely. I can tell just by looking at my snowman in the backyard. It is loosing weight with each passing day. The days are truly longer now, it is so enjoyable.

We both had our dental hygiene appointments. All is good on that front. I had my hair cut and Cooper had his B12 injection. His weight continues to be stable, that's a good thing. I've been having fun learning new dog tricks from the Facebook group that I joined at the beginning of February. On that note, our friend and dog trainer Wanda set up a private FB group entitled Tricks & Training Tips. She will post some fun stuff for us to learn starting March 1. Can't wait! Other trainers from the Lakeshore Dog Training Association have followed suit and I've joined the groups. More doggie fun on the horizon.

Last Wednesday, Russell and I watched the movie Knives Out. If anyone is looking for a great Who Dunnit type movie, we recommend that one. It was very well done and the cast is quite good. 

I finished watching Sweet Magnolias, now waiting for the second season to start later this year. I started Scandal....and I'm in trouble. I'm on Season 2, Episode 7....this afternoon and over the next few days, I will attempt to catch up to my friend Pat and get to episode 14. That's why I'm doing my blog early.....gotta to free up the rest of my afternoon!

Those are my news for this week...the last of February! Hooray! I wish you all a great week. Stay well and safe!


A nice free form snow sculpture on the 
crabapple tree in our backyard.

Russell's first successful attempt at frozen
soap bubbles.
Icicles...Cooper's favorite...
crunchy treat.


Air fryer chickpeas....delicious.


Air fried Chinese egg rolls...yummy.


Spicy loves her comfort, all tucked in for a nap.


Cooper enjoys his snug time.

Peas in a pod on the front room sofa



No comments:

Post a Comment