Pageviews l

Sunday 29 March 2020

Spring showers

Hi everyone! A very soggy and windy Sunday for us. Russell took the pooches out about 20 minutes ago, one at a time. He carried Spicy to one of the few snowy spots that we have left in the backyard, with a golf umbrella over the princess' head. She did her business quickly. Spicy hates getting her feet wet at the best of times, worse when it's raining sideways. Then Russell took Cooper out on a leash. Unlike Spicy, he doesn't care about the rain. Being on leash during these downpours will stop Coop from running after squirrels. He's easy going so no big deal. Sometimes we do what's best for the humans. So, that's done for a while. Hoping that the rain dissipates next time they go out.

This past week was good considering what's going on. Our daily routine has changed somewhat but it's all good. I found myself doing three full workouts with on-line programs provided by my fitness studio. I used my heart monitor and was able to track my intensity. I found two 35 pound kettle bells that we bought years ago and they came in handy. My keyboard bench and resistance bands purchased years ago were also useful. All in all, I'm pleased that I was able to find the discipline to do three workouts.  Cooper & Spicy always make their way downstairs and seem to enjoy watching me workout. It's nice to have the company. Russell is also doing his own workout and stretches. Good for him. Together, we also started power walking. It's nice to be out, holding hands and getting the fresh air. And yes, we are allowed to hold hands since we live together. No social distancing between us however we respect it fully when meeting other people. It's kind of nice to see so many couples walking, saying 'hi" to everyone from two meters away. Our current reality. Oh, this is in addition to walking our two pooches!

Our weather has been quite nice so we used that opportunity to clean the deck. We removed the chair covers and chipped away the last of the ice that was in one corner of the deck. We will be good to go when the weather warms up a little. We noticed the many buds on the trees. These Spring showers will help with the budding. We still have some snow/ice in one corner of the backyard, where there is no sun otherwise we now have grass, albeit mushy and soggy. A Spring reality which will go away soon.

I've been doing more daily training with Cooper and Spicy. I practice the usual...long down/sit stay (3 minutes), we play the "find it" game, we do recalls, jumps, anything that will keep them, and me, busy in a good way. They love it, so do I. I miss our Fun Obedience classes and the human interactions but I apply what I've learned in class and try to make it a fun experience for both our pooches.

We have made it a habit to watch Francois Legault's daily press conference. Not in the least discouraging, very upbeat and factual. We applaud him and his team for the work they're doing. Today's press conference was particularly reassuring. Ca va bien aller. On that note, have a great week everyone!


Cooper and Spicy are my constant workout spotters!

These BFFs take their job of watching me seriously....
they even manage to get in a nap.

My home gym...complete with Sonos workout tunes.

Spicy on her last island of snow/ice...she
now attempts to navigate between these islands
to keep her paws dry. Failing this she is
carried.

Happy Coop!

Spicy and Cooper in a 3 minute long down...
2 minutes and counting!

Spicy and Cooper concluding the 3 minute
long down..I walked around them. Well done!







No comments:

Post a Comment