Pageviews l

Sunday 1 March 2020

Hello March!

Happy Sunday to all! A beautiful sunny,  first day of March. It's hard to believe that January and February are behind us. Now, we look forward to longer and brighter days, with warmer temperatures on the horizon. Some will say that Winter is not over by any stretch...I say it's almost over. It's all a matter of perspective.

This past week was good and relatively quiet. We watched a few good movies and took in some nice walks with the pooches. Wednesday night, we went to bed fully expecting to wake up to lots of snow but the winds changed in our favour and it rained all night instead. Thursday, we did get a few centimetres of wet snow but we didn't bother shovelling. I did use my snowshoes to pack down the snow in the backyard but that's about it. I had forgotten how fun snowshoeing is!

There was a bit of excitement going on in Pointe-Claire Village last week. The village was transformed into a Christmas movie scene for the new Home Alone reboot movie, produced by Disney Plus. Many of the stores were temporarily named differently for the purpose of the movie. Russell went into the village early one morning and took some photos. All is back to normal now.

Two weeks ago, I dehydrated some chicken in the oven for the pooches. Last week, we splurged and bought a dehydrator. I made banana chips on Friday and dehydrated more chicken today. The dehydrator is a bit noisy so we decided to put it in the guest room while in use although next time we will put it in the bar area in the basement. As predicted, Cooper and Spicy spent a lot of time in that room today. The process takes about 6 hours but totally worth it. This coming week, I will dehydrate sweet potatoes. I'm sure our kids will approve.

We are now getting really excited about going to Barbados next month, in 6 weeks time. I made a small list of things to do/buy before our trip. Yesterday, I bought a few good books, beach worthy books.

This morning, I went to my second deep stretch yoga class. Although I enjoy it, it makes me realize how tight my muscles are. Some of the stretches are actually a little difficult but I suppose they will get better as I become more nimble.

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. For many, it is school break. Enjoy and have fun!


"Blowin' In The Wind".... Spicy and Cooper found it a little
windy on our walk at Park Bourgeau by Lake St. Louis.

Shards of ice piled up along the shore of Lake St. louis.

Home Alone reboot filming...
Artizan Pizza is usually a clothing store. Christmas trees for sale!

The famous GiGi Pizza is now Pete's Pizza...Chicago style -
deep dish during the filming.

Who knew we had a Jaslow in the Village. Home Alone
made it happen.

Wow, a taco shop! Thank you Home Alone reboot.

Spicy and Cooper know something smells
irresistible...dehydrated chicken.

Two downward dogs on my yoga mat.

Spicy and her human daddy watching a movie.








No comments:

Post a Comment